how to counter mass drake burner as loyalist

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

waterd103

how to counter mass drake burner as loyalist

Post by waterd103 »

I saw in the other post that if the loyalist go Mass spearman, the right answer for drakes would be too go mass burners, then what loyalist should do about the mass burners?
nebula955

Post by nebula955 »

a mixture of spearmen, bowmen, mermen, and horsemen
Jami

Post by Jami »

Bowmen, Horsemen, Spearmen.

ZOC the little buggers and pound them into the ground.
Kollle

Post by Kollle »

Win. Mass spearmen can tear mass burners apart. Get a horseman too.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

I don't know where you read this but spamming burnerns is about the worst thing to do against mass spearman.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Shade

Post by Shade »

Baufo wrote:I don't know where you read this but spamming burnerns is about the worst thing to do against mass spearman.
4 Burners + and Auger can take 7ish Spearmen if they get to 'jump in'. (Well, with good gamblers odds anyway.) Ignoring the broader axiom of Drake heavy hitting mobile warfare what units would you generally suggest as a counter? Or is heavy hitting mobile warfare the counter?
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Shade wrote:
Baufo wrote:I don't know where you read this but spamming burnerns is about the worst thing to do against mass spearman.
4 Burners + and Auger can take 7ish Spearmen if they get to 'jump in'. (Well, with good gamblers odds anyway.) Ignoring the broader axiom of Drake heavy hitting mobile warfare what units would you generally suggest as a counter? Or is heavy hitting mobile warfare the counter?
I did not say that it is generally a bad idea to recruit burnerns against loyalists, I just said it is a bad idea to recruit mostly burnerns. After an attack you will have to cover them by other units since they die rather easily against 2 or 3 spearmen and you can not afford losing such an expensive unit.

Anyway, an excellent post about drakes vs. loyalists by Mythological can be found here.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde