WWI Mod: Storm of Steel

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I still had to copy the directory wesnoth/fonts/ to Storm_of_Steel/fonts/ (if I didn't, I could play, but no text appeared anywhere), but other than that it seems to work correctly. I can't figure out how anything works in-game, but... at least it starts.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

turin wrote:I still had to copy the directory wesnoth/fonts/ to Storm_of_Steel/fonts/ (if I didn't, I could play, but no text appeared anywhere), but other than that it seems to work correctly.
Gah, of course. I forgot that one. Thanks for spotting it, uploading a version that has the fonts/ dir now.
Ultimatum479

Post by Ultimatum479 »

When I try loading it that way, Wesnoth keeps trying to treat it as a campaign/scenario to be installed. "You have dragged a file onto Battle for Wesnoth. Do you want to install this file as a user campaign?" etc etc. Any way around that? I've been trying for ages now.
Chosen to be: Avatar of the God of Vengeance

Duty-bound to be: Last chance for the oppressed non-humans of the world

Accidentally became: Co-founder of the Council of Linac Mux

Self-nominated (pending election): Forum SUPERMOD!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ultimatum479 wrote:When I try loading it that way, Wesnoth keeps trying to treat it as a campaign/scenario to be installed. "You have dragged a file onto Battle for Wesnoth. Do you want to install this file as a user campaign?" etc etc. Any way around that? I've been trying for ages now.
That's what you want to do, IIRC - install it as a user campaign/scenario. The only difference is how you load it when you actually start the game. Though maybe I'm wrong.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ultimatum479

Post by Ultimatum479 »

....PWNT! Figured out how to do it now.

For anyone using Mac OS 10.4 and having trouble, you basically do the command line thing (<insert path to BfW here> <insert path to SoS here>) except for one difference: the path to BfW isn't the path to the .app file, because that's a package. It's the path to the file WITHIN the package (under Contents/MacOS).

I'll test it out now.

EDIT: Okay, next problem. Now it won't let me load any maps while in SoS. Assuming "Hotseat Game" is how I'm supposed to test it...

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Ultimatum479 wrote:EDIT: Okay, next problem. Now it won't let me load any maps while in SoS. Assuming "Hotseat Game" is how I'm supposed to test it...
What do you mean? You're not supposed to load anything, you're supposed to choose from the two you should have there.
Ultimatum479

Post by Ultimatum479 »

Yeah. It won't let me open those maps either. First, when I select either of those maps, the OK button is disabled and where it should show the map and say "Players: 2" or somesuch, it just says "Error". To open it without using the OK button, I double-click the map, but then it brings me to the standard pre-game screen except that all color options show up as "INVALID COLOR" and and attempting to start the map comes up with an error: "The game map could not be loaded: Illegal character found in map. The scenario cannot be loaded."

Ultimatum479

Post by Ultimatum479 »

As you made a post in the Ideas board and linked to this thread, just thought I should mention I'm still having this problem. v_V