Campaign: Orcish Incursion

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jp30

Campaign: Orcish Incursion

Post by jp30 »

Version 1.0 of Orcish Incursion is now available from the campaign server.

Features: updates for 0.9 BFW version series; merged in translations from wescamp-i18n project.

I have not had a chance to playtest this much since a much older version of wesnoth, so am interested if people find bugs or balancing issues.
scott

Post by scott »

welcome back
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Re: Campaign: Orcish Incursion

Post by HaJo »

jp30 wrote:Version 1.0 of Orcish Incursion is now available .. interested if people find bugs or balancing issues.
I just reached the Valley of Trolls (on normal), nice campaign so far.
It is a bit short on cash (i.e. since Wasteland, I never managed to get more than 100 starting gold).

With the hints in the scenario-objectives, this looks like a good candidate for an elf-tutorial.
-HaJo
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Please implement my Russian translations in all three of your campaigns.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

I took over the role of an interims maintainer for this campaign. I'm not skilled in WML or map design, so don't expect much from me. I'll just make sure that it stays playable and put translations on the server. Of course, I'm also happy for nice suggestions on how to improve the campaign. The only change I did make was to significantly lower the difficulty of the first scenario, this campaign is supposed to be easy and suitable for beginners.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Altruist

Where is the campaign Orcish Incursion?

Post by Altruist »

Where is the campaign "Orcish Incursion"?

I've played it some time ago but now I can't find it anywhere... what happened?
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

The 1.0 version is still present but it seems like allefant didn't publish it on the 1.2 server yet. He's been maintaining that version lately.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Altruist

Post by Altruist »

torangan wrote:The 1.0 version is still present but it seems like allefant didn't publish it on the 1.2 server yet. He's been maintaining that version lately.
Thanks but ahem, where can I download the "present" version 1?
allefant
Units Database Administrator

Post by allefant »

Hm, I'll try figuring out how I can move it.. should be as simple as downloading from the old server and upload on the new, but I've lost track of all the different port numbers and what they represent :P

[edit]

Ok, I uploaded it to ports 15003 and 15004, so it certainly should be on the default 1.2 server now :)
Altruist

Post by Altruist »

allefant wrote:Ok, I uploaded it to ports 15003 and 15004, so it certainly should be on the default 1.2 server now :)
Yup, there it is. Thanks for making this nice campaign available again.

I'll give some feedback if combatibility-problems might arise with the new Wesnoth version.
Altruist

Post by Altruist »

allefant wrote:Ok, I uploaded it to ports 15003 and 15004, so it certainly should be on the default 1.2 server now :)
Altruist wrote:I'll give some feedback if combatibility-problems might arise with the new Wesnoth version.
I've played it on medium and it was as nice a campaign as I recalled it. Very good campaign to learn lots of different tactics.

No problems with compatibility when running it with Wesnoth 1.2.1 and I haven't noticed any other bugs.
allefant

Post by allefant »

Yes, I also thought it's quite a nice and simple campaign. With some balancing, could maybe even turn it into an extended tutorial.
allefant

Post by allefant »

I'm thinking about putting this into SVN trunk as it seems to fulfill all the criteria of a mainline campaign posted before by Ivanovic in the other thread. One point though is that it has a placeholder story artowork picture (needed something to test that kind of story pictures in campgen..).

So, does someone feel like drawing a picture of orcs being sighted in the Elven forest which could be put there instead? And else, should I just leave it, or instead use a black screen?
Attachments
orcs.jpg
orcs.jpg (52.04 KiB) Viewed 5405 times
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

allefant wrote: And else, should I just leave it, or instead use a black screen?
Use black until there is proper art. Black is as good (and usually better) placeholder as a crappy picture.
Snarius

Post by Snarius »

Error that I get with Wesnoth 1.3.2 while starting 2nd scenario (Assassins):

Error
The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: Invalid starting position (0,0) for the leader of side 1.

Scenario 1 was a walk in the park, way too easy IMO. It would be very hard to lose. Not that it wasn't good, I just think the orcs should have been given more gold.