Phoenix Kingdom

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sabata

Phoenix Kingdom

Post by Sabata »

Hello!
I we posted the beggining of Phoenix Kingdom and i would like to know what do you think. The idea is to make a big campaing but since i am the only one working on it it goes really slow so if somebody want to join the project... i would like a new faction later since i have only two, what is needed is a different image of Aragan (it uses Delfadors) better animations, portrits i hope that Sherbniz will help me since i really liked his work but if someone want to try. I know its difficult to understand the story in those three scenarios but you will understand later.

Oh and take aclose look at gramatical erors and tell them to me plese, i still have some problems whit english.

Ok waiting for comments.
dbest

Post by dbest »

Hey there

Downloaded the PH campaign last nite and played the first scenario...
Didnt progress much further...

Just thot that i shud let u know that I noticed that the image for Aragan doesnt display. There must be something wrong. I am relatively new to BFW... I did try ma best to solve this issue, but I could not.

I had a go at the scenario files and have spell checked ur files... (one easy thing that i could do).. will send them across to you, by email if your email is listed... or will find some way of sending them across to you...

I would love to contribute as much as I can with your campaign.... but the art work is out of my skill...
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

dbest wrote:Just thot that i shud let u know that I noticed that the image for Aragan doesnt display. There must be something wrong. I am relatively new to BFW... I did try ma best to solve this issue, but I could not.

I had a go at the scenario files and have spell checked ur files... (one easy thing that i could do).. will send them across to you, by email if your email is listed... or will find some way of sending them across to you...

I would love to contribute as much as I can with your campaign.... but the art work is out of my skill...
Argg... :x Aragan image is ok on my computer, but i found some problems on its cfg so download and replace it whit this one, and sorry about that. And ill apreciate your help i have many ortografical errors :oops:
Attachments
Elder_Mage.cfg
(5.01 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Flarin

Post by Flarin »

Ill help PM me with a unit tree with all the units you need sprites for
Inigo Montoya

Post by Inigo Montoya »

A couple of thoughts:

* Why can't the Prince advance?

* Why does everything have so many HP?

* I have a few ideas for factions that I can't fit into any of my projects, I'll gather what information I have on them all and PM it to you. If you want to use one or more, I don't mind developing them.

* Do you want unit descriptions? If so, PM me with a bit of rough background on the Phoenix Kingdom and Dark Kingdom (make it up on the spot if you have to), and I'll see what I can come up with.
I don't exist when you don't see me...
I don't exist when you're not here.

You bought a mask - I put it on.
You never thought to ask me if I wear it when you're gone.
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Inigo Montoya wrote:A couple of thoughts:

* Why can't the Prince advance?
Prince can advance its just that i didnt placed the images and cfg file yet. sorry
Inigo Montoya wrote:
* Why does everything have so many HP?
It has??? Maybe because i tried to balance it whit attack strengt.
Inigo Montoya

Post by Inigo Montoya »

Yeah, your level-1 units have the HP of level-3s. It's only a problem if you're using standard units as well (which you are, because I just got mugged by Poachers!)

I'd say all your level-1s need to lose about 15-20HP, if you want them to be balanced with standard units. Compare their stats to the nearest Default equivalents, to see what I mean.

Finally, the message in Scenario 1 (about retreating to the woods because the enemy is too powerful) doesn't quite seem to fit. By the time I saw that, I'd already killed the northern enemy, and I killed the southern one two turns after. If you want this to be meaningful, I'd suggest making them a little harder to beat (maybe an income bonus, to let them recruit a few more troops?) and also bringing on enemy reinforcements at the same time as the "retreat" message is played (I'd say a large force of slow units in one of the southern corners, so that you can avoid fighting them, and it's clear that if you do fight you'll take heavy losses).

Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Inigo Montoya wrote:Finally, the message in Scenario 1 (about retreating to the woods because the enemy is too powerful) doesn't quite seem to fit. By the time I saw that, I'd already killed the northern enemy, and I killed the southern one two turns after. If you want this to be meaningful, I'd suggest making them a little harder to beat (maybe an income bonus, to let them recruit a few more troops?) and also bringing on enemy reinforcements at the same time as the "retreat" message is played (I'd say a large force of slow units in one of the southern corners, so that you can avoid fighting them, and it's clear that if you do fight you'll take heavy losses).
:shock: How... wha... thats imposible!!! In what dificulty you play, i managed to kill the northern enemy, but then i had no more units to figth. i am playing on normal.
Inigo Montoya

Post by Inigo Montoya »

Yeah, that was on Easy. But when I tried on Normal, I still killed them both before time ran out, without losing too many troops (forgot to save a replay, but I'll do it again if you like :wink: )
I think it's down to the Defender having a huge amount of HP, because the enemy melee units have few attacks they often do no damage at all (assuming you use the terrain to your advantage).

Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Inigo Montoya wrote:Yeah, that was on Easy. But when I tried on Normal, I still killed them both before time ran out, without losing too many troops (forgot to save a replay, but I'll do it again if you like :wink: )
I think it's down to the Defender having a huge amount of HP, because the enemy melee units have few attacks they often do no damage at all (assuming you use the terrain to your advantage).
Huge? its only has 55 i dont know how thats possible, really i will try to give them more gold.
dbest

Post by dbest »

Inigo Montoya wrote: If you want this to be meaningful, I'd suggest making them a little harder to beat (maybe an income bonus, to let them recruit a few more troops?)

Well, i played the first scenario and got hammered... I lost it.... U are good...
but coming back to the game.... i thot the enemy is too difficult to kill, and it kinda put me off. It was due to high HPs, and I played it on Easy...

Coming to escaping to the woods.... isnt the defender supposed to guard the Torch?.... running away seems to be contradictory and in the very first scenario...
I know the game has to move forward, but it would be better to fortify and move ahead...
Just a thot...
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

dbest wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote: If you want this to be meaningful, I'd suggest making them a little harder to beat (maybe an income bonus, to let them recruit a few more troops?)

Well, i played the first scenario and got hammered... I lost it.... U are good...
but coming back to the game.... i thot the enemy is too difficult to kill, and it kinda put me off. It was due to high HPs, and I played it on Easy...

Coming to escaping to the woods.... isnt the defender supposed to guard the Torch?.... running away seems to be contradictory and in the very first scenario...
I know the game has to move forward, but it would be better to fortify and move ahead...
Just a thot...
Inigo Montoya your good, thats why you kill them so i will just give them reinforcements to make more sence.
About high hp your wrong take a close look at wesnots unit and mines i only changed archer line, maybe you think so because of Patrol units are strong and resilent?

EDIT: :oops: I compared my Defender whit a swordsman... then i remembered that swordman is LV2 and mages of Dark Kingdom had double hp compared whit normals... i think all of you where rigth.

Posting a pack whit new units cfg try it now.
And if somebody played third scenario just to know that it soffered high modifications.
Attachments
units.zip
(14.39 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
NeoPhile

Post by NeoPhile »

Well, I'm feeling nice today, so I'll do some spelling and grammar for you. But before I get into that, I have a complaint about the Sebastiana City scenario: it's not at all clear where to move the caravan. I ended up moving completely over the target area, and into Anton's keep, and was confused when nothing happened. I recommend making the target area everything north of the water.

Onto the linguistics! I won't catch everything, but this'll be an improvement for sure. You could catch alot of this with a spell checker - try copy/pasting into a word processor if you don't like the website.

War:
Story:
* hight becomes high
* strenght becomes strength
* gone down becomes decreased
* has been lost becomes have been lost
* descendent of becomes descendent of the
* knigth becomes knight
* has gived becomes gave
* has born becomes was born
* everyone on it has becomes everyone in it had
* protect the misterious artifact whit their lifes becomes to protect the mysterious artifact with their lives
* profeci has said becomes profecy predicts
* its begining will be here in Phoenix Kingdom becomes they will begin in Phoenix Kingdom
* the last [part] of the [story] becomes so in a distant land, a new empire of evil, called the Dark Kingdom, has formed (Actually, do you really need that distant land part? They seem to be right on your doorstep.)

Dialog:
* oficer becomes officer
* master becomes Master
* i becomes I
* whose becomes who's (or who is)
* Your becomes You're (whenever you can say "you are", use you're. Otherwise, use your)
* Put a space between ok!!! and Everyone!
* cant becomes can't
* master becomes Master
* shall we retreat becomes we must retreat
* It seems they know well our kingdom becomes It seems they know our kingdom well
* their become they're
* Put a space after "spots,"
* trough becomes through

Objectives:
* Figth becomes Fight

Oof, that's enough for one night. I might get the other scenarios later.
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

NeoPhile wrote:Well, I'm feeling nice today, so I'll do some spelling and grammar for you. But before I get into that, I have a complaint about the Sebastiana City scenario: it's not at all clear where to move the caravan. I ended up moving completely over the target area, and into Anton's keep, and was confused when nothing happened. I recommend making the target area everything north of the water.

Onto the linguistics! I won't catch everything, but this'll be an improvement for sure. You could catch alot of this with a spell checker - try copy/pasting into a word processor if you don't like the website.

War:
Story:
* hight becomes high
* strenght becomes strength
* gone down becomes decreased
* has been lost becomes have been lost
* descendent of becomes descendent of the
* knigth becomes knight
* has gived becomes gave
* has born becomes was born
* everyone on it has becomes everyone in it had
* protect the misterious artifact whit their lifes becomes to protect the mysterious artifact with their lives
* profeci has said becomes profecy predicts
* its begining will be here in Phoenix Kingdom becomes they will begin in Phoenix Kingdom
* the last [part] of the [story] becomes so in a distant land, a new empire of evil, called the Dark Kingdom, has formed (Actually, do you really need that distant land part? They seem to be right on your doorstep.)

Dialog:
* oficer becomes officer
* master becomes Master
* i becomes I
* whose becomes who's (or who is)
* Your becomes You're (whenever you can say "you are", use you're. Otherwise, use your)
* Put a space between ok!!! and Everyone!
* cant becomes can't
* master becomes Master
* shall we retreat becomes we must retreat
* It seems they know well our kingdom becomes It seems they know our kingdom well
* their become they're
* Put a space after "spots,"
* trough becomes through

Objectives:
* Figth becomes Fight

Oof, that's enough for one night. I might get the other scenarios later.
:? Thanks a lot about spellcheck... and yeah i will change that part of Sebastiana city.
NeoPhile

Post by NeoPhile »

Sabata wrote:Thanks a lot about spellcheck... and yeah i will change that part of Sebastiana city.
No problem! I've never had the attention span to finish my own campaigns, so I try to help others where I can. Oh, there was one other problem with Sebastiana City: there's a Walking Corpse that appears on the western side of the map that ends up belonging to Anton. Check your [unit] tags for typos.

Spelling and grammar for the forest scenario:
Dialog:
* Its too old becomes It's too old
* i cant becomes I can't
* Strange they are not folowing us becomes Strange, they are not following us
* master becomes Master
* Sir becomes Sir,
* dangerouse becomes dangerous.
* there is becomes There are (but you only need the capital if you put a period after dangerous)
* its better we becomes it's better to
* Its an ambush becomes It's an ambush
* Forgive-me becomes Forgive me
* i becomes I (always capitalize I)
* Now quikly becomes Quickly now
* Like this we will never get reinforcements becomes We will never get reinforcements like this