Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Fixed the angle of pariahs sword. :wink:
Could you also save the files as png please? Jpg just messes up the image and it's really hard to make any useful tweaks.

EDIT: Can't seem to attach the image... :? It'll have to wait I guess.
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Here it is then... just to show the angle so you can easily make the blade straight whatever it would look like. It's sometimes kinda tough to make straight swords look straight when spriting. :oops: But one can always curve. :D

Happy Holidays to you all.
Attachments
modified_azaysu_2_185.png
modified_azaysu_2_185.png (21.5 KiB) Viewed 3248 times
I wish I had more time in my hands.
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

I know this is the spriting thread, but since there isn't a portraits thread, I thought I'll just post it here.

Is this the sort of style you want for TALAMH? If you prefer the Wesnoth style I can do that too, but I thought this sort of thing may suit the azaysu faction more. It is a pretty bad portrait though, since (I think) the face ended up looking like an old woman when my original intention was to make it a guy, so It'll need some changes.

Is it the sort of style you want?
Attachments
A sample portrait in the "fake watercolour" style
A sample portrait in the "fake watercolour" style
TALAMH~3.jpg (11.96 KiB) Viewed 3186 times
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

btw, the azaysu with cyan aura, i think the aura would look better if it would fade from the edge.

---

I AM ALMIGHTY.

well, not really, but...
i think i could make all the portraits myself. yup. not 1 for each upgrade, but 1 for each lvl 1 unit that could also be used on its upgrades.

you see, i just discovered im way better at making oil-paintingish portraits with gimp&photoshop than at making unit sprites. of course, ill finish my Fiend faction, thats only a matter of time. but in addition, ill do portraits. i can do averagely 1 portrait per 3 days (on holiday its per 1 day as im bored and cant do anything else, yup i have boring holidays, but during school i cant stay much on that, so it'll take more time, which should be 3-4 days, as i gotta study for tests sometimes).

it also looks better if all the portraits are made by 1 person, so theres no conflict in style.
---

also, some examples of what id imagine Talamh portraits like(not correctly resized, but theyll get edited a lot anyway once its determined what units theyll be, eg the woman can get some magic stuff in its hands that are not yet drawn).
battlesquid

Post by battlesquid »

Good job on nõid.png :)
Don't fear the pixels...
Inigo Montoya

Post by Inigo Montoya »

As you may have heard, I've now taken over developing Talamh (see the thread in Factions/Eras).

CommanderKeen - I'm not really sure what you're going for with that portrait - the Azaysu aren't as human-like as that (classic 'little grey men', with tiny mounths, huge eyes and flat noses).

Syntax_Error - very nice work on the fiend, I'm not too sure about the humans though. My idea is basically to see wat anybody comes up with, then pick and choose the ones I like best.

For the record, I believe Typhon is currently working on portraits, I don't know what he's created but I like the style of his other pieces that I've seen, I love the sinister 'Tim Burton-esque' quality. Typhon, if you're reading this and if by any chance you have already completed any portraits and PM'ed them to Fiach Dubh, could you please send them to me too? I know her password, so I could access her messages, but I'm reluctant to do so.
I don't exist when you don't see me...
I don't exist when you're not here.

You bought a mask - I put it on.
You never thought to ask me if I wear it when you're gone.