Yeti

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

one problem. The arm at the wind up looks like the back of the hand should be facing the viewer, the way the fur on the arm is The arm seems to be pushing the fur of the neck forward, not back. In the middle the palm is facing the viewer, and the arm is correct for this...

I hope you understand what I'm saying...
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Well then...

Here's a 3 frame attack for the new yeti... I hope it'll do until I (or somebody else) get on the go to make a frame or two between 2 and 3 + a death animation.
Attack-frame 4 and defensive frame will be done rather soon I think.
Do you think they need any swooshes? And please tell if there something that looks very very bad and needs fixing.
Attachments
yeti-attack3.png
yeti-attack3.png (4.49 KiB) Viewed 4859 times
yeti-attack2.png
yeti-attack2.png (5.99 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
yeti-attack1.png
yeti-attack1.png (6.37 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
I wish I had more time in my hands.
JW

Post by JW »

Frame 3 is my fave! I like how you did the hair/fur on his back in that one.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

FAP!!

*hapless dwarf sails over horizon*
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I do believe we have invented a new means of public transport in Wesnoth. Before he sent them down towards the Nether Regions now it is on toward the Heavens.

Nice work!
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
battlesquid

Post by battlesquid »

Maybe slightly off topic: Wouldn't it be a cool feature if the yeti blow, when hit, causes the unit to get 'slapped back' one hex? Though it would require some modifications to code I think it wouldn't be necessary with a falling / flying frame for every unit. They could just be pushed back, and of course if they die from the slap they should be moved, then die in the square they landed in.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

theoretically doable already, but you would have to code a special defense animation for the yeti attack for all unit...
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

It's looking great. As soon as we have a single defense frame, I'll commit this guy. In fact, I will end up committing this guy before 1.2, defense frame or no defense frame, because even without he's far superior to the previous one.

As for the question about motion blurs - let's leave them off for now, until we get a chance to see what this guy looks like in 1.3's (significantly improved) animation engine. Right now, there's a bug which causes oversized frames to misalign slightly.
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Does this look weird enough for the gig?
Attachments
I salute thee, my king!
I salute thee, my king!
yeti-defend.png (4.99 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

yes
Last edited by Blarumyrran on September 6th, 2013, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JW

Post by JW »

Syntax_Error wrote:it's great. but no team color? on DotG TC matters visually and DotG is one of the most played maps on server.
I'm sorry, but that made me lol.

Yeti's are hardly used monsters in both MP and SP. The fact that 1 online scenario uses them (and with little frequency mind you) should not require that these awesome images to be redone.

I mean, unless you want to alter them of course.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

How could you possibly TColour a yeti???
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

yes
Last edited by Blarumyrran on September 6th, 2013, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

I've committed the following images:

Image Image Image Image Image

The death animation has been removed from the unit .cfg, but I've left the images there, as the motion and pespective in them is very good, and would serve as a good indication to anyone intending to update the death animation as to how to do it right.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

It loooks great

On the last sprite, it looks like as if the yeti was bowing towards an audience :lol: *

*This is NOT a bad thing, and it is not something that needs to be changed.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon