makes me sick

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

username

makes me sick

Post by username »

Excuse my extreme cluelessness, but I just started playing and I already have an itty-bitty silly concern...
How can I stop the game window from moving,or at least slow it down?
Every time something happens, the view zips over to that thing and then zips to the next thing and so on till I'm supposed to click something again. The overall effect is giving me nausea as I try to keep up. And it's not like everything I need to see in the beginning isn't already in-view, so it's just shifting around for no reason except to give me motion sickness.

I should really change my password
Last edited by username on November 13th, 2006, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

If you mean the view tracking enemies' moves, then just go to preferences and switch "Skip AI Moves" on (it's probably off by default). It still zips to show combat on enemies' turns, but that shouldn't be a bad thing. There's a scrolling speed setting there somewhere, too.
username

Post by username »

username, you should probably pick a better password. ;)

-Ken Oh

Last edited by username on November 13th, 2006, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Yes you should :wink:

Ph3ar my 1337 haXx0r sk1llz :twisted:
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
username

Post by username »

owned :P

-- kshinji

omfg, that was so stupid of me ^_^

Last edited by username on November 13th, 2006, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
username

Post by username »

:cry:

username

Post by username »

I just had to try that - sorry :P.

Furthermre I suggest that "username" should be banned or a forum moderator changes the password (or he changes it him/herself) to avoid missuse of this account (username could contact him if he want the account back or better create a new account since the email adress a@a.a doesn't seem valid).

Ping Pang Qui
Gus

Post by Gus »

in case you guys didn't notice the avatar... i suggest you look-up "Bug Me Not" in Google or Wikipedia ;)
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Well I can understand if you use such an account in 10,000 people communities but somehow I think it would be a better idea if everybody had his own account in forums with maybe 50 active posters.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Gus

Post by Gus »

I'm not saying it's a good thing to use for Wesnoth, just pointing out the philosophy behind it.
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

The username is now banned.
PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

Yes, this philosophy doesn't apply for this forum. Especially because this has nothing to do with personal security(i.e. anonymity) or fast access, since this forum (as all forums actually should be) is for discussions and not for jsut asking a question and getting an answer (also this might also be the case sometimes).
Thus in a forum one should be sure if person A is person A and not evtl. some person B, otherwise it would get just messy.
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

:geek:
Last edited by kshinji on November 9th, 2010, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

Hi Kshinji,

I think you misinterprete the whole matter. Its not about disallowing guests posting but preventing others misusing acounts by having not only an easy to guess password (as "password") but which is also practicaly public (due to all the posts after zookeepers answer, including mine - I realise that now, sorry - maybe one should have just send "username" a personal message first).

I think noone had a problem if "username" would have changed his password or if he would sign up again.
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

PingPangQui wrote:Hi Kshinji,

I think you misinterprete the whole matter. Its not about disallowing guests posting but preventing others misusing acounts by having not only an easy to guess password (as "password") but which is also practicaly public (due to all the posts after zookeepers answer, including mine - I realise that now, sorry - maybe one should have just send "username" a personal message first).

I think noone had a problem if "username" would have changed his password or if he would sign up again.
It is about disallowing posting for guests. Bugmenot.com's whole purpose is to create public psuedo-guest accounts on forums.

Disclaimer: I like Bugmenot.com, I really do. It's amazing for non-PHPBB based forums that make you jump through tons of hoops or open you up to horrible spamming... but guest accounts for a small, PHPBB-based forum like Wesnoth chip away at the one asset that (literally) made the entire game: a cozy, personable community.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry