A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Re: Feedback

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

viorc wrote:That is a pity for people who have been on the forum for so many years, nothing from UMC can surprise them anymore :P.
I must say, that has nothing to do with it. :)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
troodon

Post by troodon »

I'm on the last scenario. Should I try to defeat all enemies, or wait until Grekulak gets there?
viorc

Post by viorc »

troodon wrote:I'm on the last scenario. Should I try to defeat all enemies, or wait until Grekulak gets there?
Probably the best is to follow the instructions in the objectives while making sure to have savefiles in order to reload if you face any bug (some have already been reported)
HTH
troodon

Post by troodon »

Thanks for responding. I guessed that, and won. Since there is a request for feedback at the end of the campaign, here's feedback.

AWESOME! The maps are fun to play, the factions are cool. They really forced me to think.
Sharur

Post by Sharur »

Having played a few missions into this campaign so far, I think the storyline (and specifically the spin on it) and the game play are quite good, but the English text needs some pretty heavy editing. A lot of it sounds like it was awkwardly translated. But I definitely think the unique approach taken is very good (both game play and story wise).
mainiac

Post by mainiac »

Just played this campaign on the medium difficulty and loved it. I particularly liked the constant splitting of the forces. It kept the campaign from being too top heavy with too many level three's running around in the middle.

I noticed a bug in the last scenerio. Every time a zombie landed a killing blow, the game would crash. I figure this was because the game was unable to reconcile the zombie creation from a zombie kill even with the zombie creation from the scenerio event.

Awesome campaign. Thanks a lot.
viorc

Post by viorc »

mainiac wrote:I noticed a bug in the last scenario. Every time a zombie landed a killing blow, the game would crash.
I filed a bug for something similar. It is described here.
mainiac wrote:I figure this was because the game was unable to reconcile the zombie creation from a zombie kill even with the zombie creation from the scenario event.
Can you develop this explanation as I fail to understand what you mean ?
Are you talking about a lack of undead_variation=... tag in the unit configuration ?
slafochmed

Post by slafochmed »

Hi there,

This "a new order" campaign is great. I am currently playing it and I am having lots of fun until now. Great scenarios and great storytelling. I am playing on "normal" and it was really difficult to survive with Lorin, I think it was in Healtin when all these armies approached. I survived with only her and Yaranov, with Lorin being half down and poisoned. :shock:
Really hard that scenario.
Since then I have been enyoing the campaing more and more. I am surprised how many levels there are. Great. At the moment I am in "
In General, the KI is great in Wesnoth. I loved to see that creatures are retreating at day, and swarming at you in night. :roll:
"Sneaking out the Readwood"
So, the story is great with all these different characters and attitudes. :)
Only some minor things, (but perhaps I am playing an older version?), the language switches from English to German in the dialogues and the English is not always correct, but perhaps this is intended for some characters?
:)
Wesnoth is great! CU
viorc

language switches from English to German

Post by viorc »

slafochmed wrote:Hi there,

This "a new order" campaign is great. I am currently playing it and I am having lots of fun until now.
I am sure the author is happy you like it.
slafochmed wrote:Only some minor things, (but perhaps I am playing an older version?), the language switches from English to German in the dialogues and the English is not always correct, but perhaps this is intended for some characters?
This means that at the time of download, the German translation was not complete (it switches to default language - English - as soon as a sentence is not available in your requested language - German).
You can help here and use your obvious English skills to continue the job and offer an complete translation to your fellow German speakers. Use this link and follow the instructions on how to contribute translation (use the translation forum if any question).
Thanks in advance for your good work.

PS: you can probably find useful information or contact in the German translation page (but I don't know really as I do not catch a word on that page ;) )
slafochmed

Post by slafochmed »

I will check out the translation thing. Would be cool to contribute.

Unfortunately I also have to report a bug. When I was loading a review, at some point durign the replay, there is the message "File is corrupt." I can click on "ok" and the review goes on, but some units seem to be out of the game, i.e. they do not move / attack anymore (but do receive 2 rest points). Also, the enemy units were partially fighting each other....

CU
viorc

Re: Would be cool to contribute

Post by viorc »

slafochmed wrote::)
I will check out the translation thing. Would be cool to contribute.
Indeed, it would be awesome. Keep us aware.
slafochmed wrote:Unfortunately I also have to report a bug. When I was loading a review, at some point during the replay, there is the message "File is corrupt." I can click on "ok" and the review goes on, but some units seem to be out of the game, i.e. they do not move / attack anymore (but do receive 2 rest points). Also, the enemy units were partially fighting each other....
This is most probably not a campaign bug but an engine bug. It should be reported to the development team (they are most likely not reading this thread dedicated to this campaign).
You should do it on the technical support forum.
If you do not run the latest version 1.1.14, and you have a fast internet connection updating to the last version and checking if the problem is still present would be appreciated (so that you do not report an already fixed problem). If the problem is confirmed (or you do not have time for update), make sure you read the sticky on how to report a problem
You should also check first that the problem is not already reported but not fixed. To do that, use the tool search on the forum or search on the bugtracker.

If you think it is too much, remember that reporting bug is also a very good way to contribute if done properly.
bouligab

Post by bouligab »

Hi, I just finished playing the campaign and wanted to give some commentaries about it.

First, I have to say it is a very good one. The scenario is elaborated, the characters convincing and the maps and units well managed.

For amelioration you ought to look at the illustrations first. They represent adequately the characters but sometimes their style is... special. Keep the same expressions in thoses faces, it's perfect, but the technique of the drawings seems to be quite poor.
Nevertheless, at the end the illustrations are better and I appreciated them. But at the beginning they do not contribute at all to raise interest in the campaign for a new player.

There is no music, too. I don't know if this because of the campaign or because of the game...

The end of the story is pretty good. Thanks for all the work!
Sly

Post by Sly »

Just finished it too, and I like it a lot. The wide variety of optional scenarios and the concept of 'questioning' enemy generals with only 2 or 3 units is a bitsurprising but very well done. I misses some scenario because other units accidentaly killed a leader that would have gotten me information :(

The only remark I have : in the final scenario, if you manage to kill all enemies before the arriving of the undeads ... you win without fighting them 8)
I think you should trigger the arriving either by turn 12 or by death of the last enemi leader :wink:
nevare

Bug in the last senario

Post by nevare »

Your campaign is great I loved playing it. Especially because of the "freedom" we have.

Anyway I'm at the final battle. Fighting against undead.

and I have a bug when a level one zombie (A Former Friend) kills a unit from my ally.

here is the error message :
void unit_map::add(std::pair<gamemap::location, unit>*): Assertion `res.second' failed.

oh and I have version 1.2
anyway great campaign !
ajf

Post by ajf »

I really liked the campagne a lot. Good Story, a lot of scenarios. I think it is the best campagne i played so far (mostly the mainline campagnes).

Will there be a second part? Like what happens to the child, the life of the child?

Anyway, thank you,
ajf