Troll trait: Stupid

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

David Esquivel wrote:well being stupid is one thing but being more stupid wouldnt fit that good would it
Just like on this forum: just when you think something really stupid has been written, someone comes along with an even more stupid post. :roll: And yes, it usually has to do with trolls. :wink:
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

When someone makes a trait and gives it a name, he should explain why this name for this effect, Ather. If you have read some of my posts, you know im usually against wesnalistic ;-) arguments.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

Makes sense to me. They're so stupid, they don't realize that they aren't being paid enough. Ogres and Trolls like shiney gold pieces too.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Trolls are stupid, and they have quite low XP to level. Therefore, they should have a "Stupider" trait that functions just like the Intelligent trait does for other units. :wink:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

I think that trait isn't needed at all. A stupidity trait wouldn't change variety (since it would only replace the intellegent trait for trolls) but it would need rebalancing.

What would add variety is to add a stupidity trait but keep the intellegent trait for trolls. However the option of being stupid + smart at the same time sounds really stupid to me.

After all calling someone stupid or intellegent is really a subjective matter. Thus from an elve point of view trolls are stupid or even more stupid. From a troll point of view some trolls are normal and some are intellegent. Its a question of the meter used.
JW

Post by JW »

This idea is.....
Lord_Aether

Post by Lord_Aether »

PingPangQui wrote:I think that trait isn't needed at all. A stupidity trait wouldn't change variety (since it would only replace the intellegent trait for trolls) but it would need rebalancing.

What would add variety is to add a stupidity trait but keep the intellegent trait for trolls. However the option of being stupid + smart at the same time sounds really stupid to me.

After all calling someone stupid or intellegent is really a subjective matter. Thus from an elve point of view trolls are stupid or even more stupid. From a troll point of view some trolls are normal and some are intellegent. Its a question of the meter used.
I don't think trolls get intelligent now, anyway...
Mac OS X 10.5.7
Wesnoth 1.6.2
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

JW wrote:This idea is.....
Cheese.

No wait, anti-cheese.

uh oh...
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

You don't need to give trolls a "stupid" trait to show how stupid they are.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Lord_Aether

Post by Lord_Aether »

Assasin wrote:You don't need to give trolls a "stupid" trait to show how stupid they are.
I don't think that was the point of the trait. The point of the trait was to create an interesting new facet of playing with trolls.
Mac OS X 10.5.7
Wesnoth 1.6.2