Challanging the N3T

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Assasin

Post by Assasin »

You shall be burned to death, I promise you :twisted:
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Assasin, could you please enlighten me as to what in the bloody flaming hell you're talking about?
hey.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I see this, i see the HI thread...

You guys are funny. Seizuring funny.

EDIT:

*looks below*

*bashes head*

Oh Gawds, he even looks like Denny Crane.

*keeps bashing*
Last edited by Cuyo Quiz on October 6th, 2006, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Mecha^Croc

Post by Mecha^Croc »

Assasin wrote:You shall be burned to death, I promise you :twisted:
He refers of course to the impending nuclear testing of the Drakes. We citizens of the Saurian race strongly condemn these tests and believe they may escalate into a NADS (Nuclear Armageddon Drake Situation). Together with our southern drake allies, we call on the northern drakes to enter into six party talks with all the other factions.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Erm why is this in User's Forum still? Please, it needs a sticky topic in User's Forum, that any clan related issues should be created in off-topic from the beginning.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
Lord_of_Wesnoth

Post by Lord_of_Wesnoth »

kshinji wrote:Please, it needs a sticky topic in User's Forum, that any clan related issues should be created in off-topic from the beginning.
Why?
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Taurus wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote: Out of curiousity, about how long ago did this match occur, and who was it against?
It was a while ago, maby abou 2 - 3 months. I forget exactally who it was against...
My Sweet Lord.* This one was about 6 months ago, probably even longer. I guess your anti-Drake Cavalryman style has a long and illustrious history. :?

*copyright George Harrison
Taurus wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote: P.S.

Tony is even better than Big Lizard. I wouldn't provoke him if I were you.
I am unconvinced.
Oh dear! I'd better drop everything I'm doing and try to convince Taurus that I'm good at Wesnoth!

Making forum posts during breaks at work is one thing, but if I took the time to play a series against every amateur with an axe to grind, I'd have no time for the things that actually matter in life (to say nothing of the things that matter in regards to Wesnoth, such as my making, revising and reviewing the game's MP maps). So, you see, I make choices about when and when not to hand out beatdowns, and have enough confidence in my abilities to disregard even the cleverest of taunts ("Are you chickening out?" :P). That being said, I'm going to play you as soon as I have the time to do so. Generally speaking, my weekends are spent practicing with the band and writing songs and recording and all of that, so the Sunday date is out of the question. You may also want to take a look at my last 20-30 posts for some more background on why I've played less in the last two months. At any rate, if you're "unconvinced" of my qualifications to call a particular strategy (such as that of yours which I mentioned) horrible, I'd recommend asking any decent player, "Hey, does Paterson know what he's talking about? Does he really give beatdowns?" 8)

Taurus wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote: P.P.S.

Buying Cavalrymen instead of Spearmen/Horsemen, knowing that you're facing Drakes, is pretty silly most of the time. I would almost go so far as to say that no good player would let you get away with it. :wink:
I get away with it all the time.
You get away with it all the time? Now why could this be? It couldn't be that you've never played against anyone good, could it? (sorry. :) )
Please answer each of these questions with a "yes" or "no."

Have you ever played a 1v1 with:

Dragonking?
Soliton?
Pietro?
Becephalus?
Ond Goblin?
Wintermute?
JW?
Mythological?

I can tell you that you have played against me, about four months ago (Don't suppose you remember "Deacon Prots"? A clever anagram. :P ) , and yes, you did get killed pretty badly. It might even be in the Match Archive (take a look), but I doubt it, as it really was a rather poor match.

Forgive my foul attitude, all; I really hate using my time in this way. I think a lot of you know though that I get pretty fired up when I think that someone is feigning expertise or being overly arrogant.

P.S.

In my entire career (a pretty freakin long career) I've only ever seen Taurus on the server 2, maybe 3 times. Perhaps he trains mostly against the AI? :P

Incidentally, I'd like to encourage him to participate in our next tournament. Taurus seems to like drama, and everyone knows that tournaments require drama.
Last edited by Doc Paterson on October 6th, 2006, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Taurus wrote:Why? If he is 'so good' why doesen't he play?
He does play, with some people, but he also likes being an annoying little twerp to people like you.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Who'd like to see me have a lyrical rap battle with Taurus, right here on the forums? Now that I could do from work.

:D

Hehe.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

I have defeated Drakes with Cavalarymen only! Den, 100g, 2 gpv, 70% XP, thank you very much. Poor AI. The I incontestable, absolute evidence that cavalary pwnz drakes.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Baufo wrote:I have defeated Drakes with Cavalarymen only! Den, 100g, 2 gpv, 70% XP, thank you very much. Poor AI. The I incontestable, absolute evidence that cavalary pwnz drakes.
:) how many matches did it take?

Taurus, look at the dead league of wesnoth sticky in the MP.

Try to find doc patterson in the lists. (I'll give you a hint, he's the one that didn't lose).

Also, are you using the new version? If you still use 1.0.2, tell me when you're free. I'd take you down, maybe (I'm not sure how good I am: I've played one game against Noy and Bec, and lost, but I've still owned most of the games I've played on the old version's server)
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Never take games you have played agaist AI as representative regarding balance, Baufo. Just for a challenge, I have once defeated AI controlled drakes only with woses but that doesnt mean that I should play same in a MP game.
If you realy want to test something, go on the MP server and play against a human oponnent, or alternatively set a computer vs computer game. You can also play both sides as doc suggested to taurus , althow I dont think that is the best way of testing, because in such a game the player might even without knowing help the side he favours
Last edited by Mythological on October 6th, 2006, 8:52 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Mythological wrote:Never take games played agaist AI as representative regarding balance, baufo. Just for a challenge, I have once defeated AI controlled drakes only with woses but that doesnt mean that I should play same in a MP game.
If you realy want to test something, go on the MP server and play against a human oponnent, or alternatively set a computer vs computer game. You can also play both sides as doc suggested to taurus , althow I dont think that is the best way of testing, because in such a game one might even without knowing help the side he favours.
I was obviously not serious about it. I really can't expect real people to attack my cavalary with saurians at day.

But if you _really_ want a challange: Defeat Undead with Augurs only!

Thrawn wrote: :) how many matches did it take?
One of course! *mutters something sounding like cheekiness*
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
JW

Post by JW »

Baufo wrote:But if you _really_ want a challange: Defeat Undead with Augurs only!
Are you kidding me?????

...that'd be easy, they have Impact melee. :P

I played Taurus twice last night 1v1, pwnzoring him on Charge, got overconfident on Blitz, played like an uber-noob, and lost (seriously misused my leader - like the first tournament :p).

He's an okay player, but he really likes scouts too much. If he could get over that he might become good.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Doc Paterson wrote: Oh dear! I'd better drop everything I'm doing and try to convince Taurus that I'm good at Wesnoth!

Making forum posts during breaks at work is one thing, but if I took the time to play a series against every amateur with an axe to grind, I'd have no time for the things that actually matter in life (to say nothing of the things that matter in regards to Wesnoth, such as my making, revising and reviewing the game's MP maps). So, you see, I make choices about when and when not to hand out beatdowns, and have enough confidence in my abilities to disregard even the cleverest of taunts ("Are you chickening out?" :P). That being said, I'm going to play you as soon as I have the time to do so. Generally speaking, my weekends are spent practicing with the band and writing songs and recording and all of that, so the Sunday date is out of the question. You may also want to take a look at my last 20-30 posts for some more background on why I've played less in the last two months. At any rate, if you're "unconvinced" of my qualifications to call a particular strategy (such as that of yours which I mentioned) horrible, I'd recommend asking any decent player, "Hey, does Paterson know what he's talking about? Does he really give beatdowns?" 8)
I am not saying that you are not good Doc, and I won't say that I am too confident at beating you. But as you said, I have an axe to grind and confident enough in my own abilities to say that I at least have a chance. In any case, it promises to be fun. That being said, let me know when you have the chance. I am usually availaible around 10 pacific time on just about any day of the week.

Doc Paterson wrote: You get away with it all the time? Now why could this be? It couldn't be that you've never played against anyone good, could it? (sorry. :) )
Please answer each of these questions with a "yes" or "no."
As you mentioned, I am not on that often. Reciently I have been more into it, but there have been spells where I haven't been on for months at a time. I do have a lot on the go as well. That being said:

Have you ever played a 1v1 with:
Dragonking? No
Soliton? Yes, and incidently, it was loyalists vs drakes and I beat him with calverymen.
Pietro? Don't think so.
Becephalus? No
Ond Goblin? No
Wintermute? No
JW? Yes
Mythological? I have seen him around but I don't think we played 1 vs 1 before.
I can tell you that you have played against me, about four months ago (Don't suppose you remember "Deacon Prots"? A clever anagram. :P ) , and yes, you did get killed pretty badly. It might even be in the Match Archive (take a look), but I doubt it, as it really was a rather poor match.

*shrugs* I don't doubt it. But then again, everyone has their days (except you as JW told me), and that was four months ago.
Forgive my foul attitude, all; I really hate using my time in this way. I think a lot of you know though that I get pretty fired up when I think that someone is feigning expertise or being overly arrogant.
That's what I thought that "Tony Almeida" guy was doing. I didn't know he was you. Anyhow, even if I did, the result would probobally have been the same except I wouldn't have gotten so 'fired up' about it.

P.S.

In my entire career (a pretty freakin long career) I've only ever seen Taurus on the server 2, maybe 3 times. Perhaps he trains mostly against the AI? :P
See above. I have many other important things going on in my life you know.
Incidentally, I'd like to encourage him to participate in our next tournament. Taurus seems to like drama, and everyone knows that tournaments require drama.
Looking foreward to it.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"