i'm newbie

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

grfov

i'm newbie

Post by grfov »

I got wesnoth some days ago and i like it and find it making a lot of fun for multiplayers.But i can find no one to play with mostly because of the languages.

But I want to learn the strategies as well.(that's one of my hobbies,there's lots of fun isn't there?- -) . So i downloaded some replays here but almost everyone is not suite the version 1.1.10.I try to turn to 1.1.9 but can't find the 1.1.9's downloading page.

that's my question that where to download 1.1.9.

sorry for my bad english :evil: ,wanna to see more 1.1.10 replays:)
new

Re.

Post by new »

You must go to the home of wesnoth ok? There is download 1.1.9
but you need the version 1.2!

new
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Do I sense trolling or am I just being paranoid :?:
Just in case of the later, you shoud be able to watch the replays from 1.1.9 on your 1.1.10 version of wesnoth and vice versa without any problems, grfov
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Re: Re.

Post by Baufo »

new wrote:You must go to the home of wesnoth ok? There is download 1.1.9
but you need the version 1.2!

new
The latest dev-version is 1.1.10 and it is a 1.2 beta. 1.2 is not out yet. I think you mean the stable verson 1.0.2.
I have not tried it out myself but since there where no balancement changes since 1.1.8 (first beta) you should be able to view 1.1.8/9 replays with 1.1.10 without problems.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

The versions of Wesnoth are like this:

Old Wesnoth: 1.0.2
New Wesnoth: 1.1.8, 1.1.9, 1.1.10

Replays from Old Wesnoth can only be viewed in Old Wesnoth.
Replays from New Wesnoth can only be viewed in New Wesnoth; 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 or 1.1.10 does not make difference.

You can install Old Wesnoth and New Wesnoth on the same computer. If you use MS Windows, just install them in different directory.
grfov

Post by grfov »

Thank you all:).Now i'm watching a replay of old versions.I downloaded very old replays when I asked the initial question.That's why I can't watch them :oops: