Goodbye, citizens of the Wesnoth forum

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

So long, man.
halleck wrote:"you make me sad..."
So be it. Come, Patsy!

*skips off*
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

A pillar of online sanity departs from our midst.

*waves*
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

scott's title wrote:Dead by Apprentice Event
Thank you.

I'll bash some things in your name, then say "oops" when you come back and people notice the bashing was for nothing.

Hail!.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
podunk

Post by podunk »

Thank you for the fire sword and magic armor! And the better balance in 1.1.x and most especially for having the Orcs arrive at dawn instead of dusk in Isle of Aduin!:-)

Good fortune follow you where ever you go!
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Since Scott is gone now, who will take over his 'job' in wesnoth. Has this already been fulfilled, like a PM to the key people 2 weeks before he left. I am just interested in who will fill Scott's role. For I know he wasn't just your average Dev.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Wow. You're like the Wesnoth voice of reason - you'll be very much missed.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Yogi Bear wrote:And there goes one of the most sensible man of the wesnoth community *sniff* :cry:
No kidding. That, I think, is a particularly apt epitaph, if you can call it such.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

I'll miss those islands of both sense and humour that your posts were in heated discussions.

I'll also miss seeing the WML-RPG come to life! :cry: I was just reading through the WML-RPG thread the other day, maybe we can carry that on as a MP project, with eternal credits to you, scott! :D

EDIT: I'm already getting my apostrophe's all messed up!?!!
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Rhuvaen wrote:I'll miss those islands of both sense and humour that your posts were in heated discussions.

I'll also miss seeing the WML-RPG come to life! :cry: I was just reading through the WML-RPG thread the other day, maybe we can carry that on as a MP project, with eternal credits to you, scott! :D

EDIT: I'm already getting my apostrophe's all messed up!?!!
That's right, and it is sad, that not many people helped with the RPG. I did my bit, at making some of the "location" maps.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

This thread feels like an obituary.

:(
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Zhukov wrote:This thread feels like an obituary.

:(
I've got this feeling to, and for me it really is unpleasant. Don't understand why many people have written here many strange things, that at least i wouldn't be happy to hear if i was leaving. :?
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

kshinji wrote:I've got this feeling to, and for me it really is unpleasant. Don't understand why many people have written here many strange things, that at least i wouldn't be happy to hear if i was leaving. :?
That's because this is the Wesnoth community. :twisted:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Not an obituary. A Eulogy. This is an obituary....
scott the Dev passed on today, leaving behind a grieving community of gamers, flamers, artists, and coders. He is survived by Cuyo Quiz, Dave, and turin, his sparring partner of several years. The community asks that, instead of flowers, donations of art be made to the Faction and Era Development forum.
See the difference?
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Hm, its aint a good idea to discuss it all in this thread, i propose that someone makes a split and moves away several posts above as well as this one.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Not an obituary. A Eulogy. This is an obituary....
scott the Dev passed on today, leaving behind a grieving community of gamers, flamers, artists, and coders. He is survived by Cuyo Quiz, Dave, and turin, his sparring partner of several years. The community asks that, instead of flowers, donations of art be made to the Faction and Era Development forum.
See the difference?
I would have thought he would have wanted donations made to the Art Contrib forum, since that's where art for the main game goes. :)

It's looking like there's going to be a fight over his will.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm