Age of Wesnoth Players

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

How old are you?

12-15
18%
16-19
22%
20-23
18%
24-27
17%
28-31
10%
32-35
6%
36-39
5%
40+
5%

Total votes: 730

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote:Most topics go out of date, which is why you shouldn't resurrect them, but this kind of topic doesn't.
Really? Maybe the topic itself doesn't get out of date, but my vote is out of date by about two years now. :wink:
Well, yeah, mine two. :roll: Though that would, I understand, be fixed in we used phpbb 3.0...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Doc

Post by Doc »

There's a saying that if you haven't grown up by age fifty, you don't have to. I only have a couple of months to go.

So, what's a geezer like me doing playing Wesnoth? I happen to enjoy it. Why else would I do it? Not that I think of myself as a geezer, or even middle aged.

I almost feel sorry for those who think people my age are geezers. for them, it may turn into a self fulfilling prophecy.
commander keen

Post by commander keen »

Doc wrote:There's a saying that if you haven't grown up by age fifty, you don't have to. I only have a couple of months to go.

So, what's a geezer like me doing playing Wesnoth? I happen to enjoy it. Why else would I do it? Not that I think of myself as a geezer, or even middle aged.

I almost feel sorry for those who think people my age are geezers. for them, it may turn into a self fulfilling prophecy.
Quite True, You aren't a geezer until you truly think so.
Old age is no "Over the hill boundary" it's just what each person thinks.

Not that i qualify to say that, since i was born in 1991, on the 21st of one october morning(or evening, but i'm afraid i don't remeber. i was only 0 at the time) :)

That makes me about a year younger than turin, at my guess.
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Right on!! I will trot out that over-used line... "You're only as old as the woman you feel...!" :wink:

Don't worry about it Doc... I'm 60 in less than 8 months, and I still love strategy and RPGs - Wesnoth in particular, but also CIV 2 &3, freeciv, EUII, Warcraft, & other games like Oolite, EVNova, F16 Falcon, etc...

...and I DO have a full-time job!! :lol: :lol:
Miya

why, hello lovies

Post by Miya »

Could anyone here answer a question of mine?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Yes.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Maybe.
Starev91

Post by Starev91 »

Well..... not if you don't ask the question :)

Oh, and I fit into the first bracket, but not by much.
EnigmaNova

Post by EnigmaNova »

<-- 20. The age when your mind starts to cement and you begin searching for your potential ... in my case, by playing video games and trolling teh intarnets. :)
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

EnigmaNova wrote:<-- 20. The age when your mind starts to cement and you begin searching for your potential ... in my case, by playing video games and trolling teh intarnets. :)
I started pushing myself at 12... then i lost myself at around 15... now i'm pretty much a wanderer and a brainstormer.

If this goes well, i'll be able to grasp knowledge of the Otherworld at about 28.

Ignore me, i'm just philosophyzing.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Two things could happen with this thread...

One, the maker could delete the poll and remake one

or Two, someone could make a new thread, so we have a more up-to-date version

For the results could change dramatically...

But if either are done, the age brackets would need to be more smaller (i.e 8 and below, 4-12, 12-15 and so on...)
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
hugh nicks

Post by hugh nicks »

33 myself. I was born in the golden era of video games, and Wesnoth feels right at home with me. Reminds me a bit of the old Lord British Ultima series.

Great memories.

-hn :D
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Forgot to post this last week; whatever...

I'm 16 now. So now my vote on this poll is innaccurate. ;)
The World of Orbivm
sigurd

Post by sigurd »

i'm 16
commander keen

Post by commander keen »

I'll be 15 in October, but I'll still be in the same age bracket :)