Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Re: server IS up

Post by JW »

troodon wrote:It is up. Type drazzib.com in place of campaigns.wesnoth.org as the server. I just downloaded your campaign yesterday
Yeah, servers are moved, but they're up.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Is campaigns.wesnoth.org going to redirect to drizzib.com any time soon?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ok, Invasion of Arendia 0.1.2 is now on the campaign server. There are some fixes and minor changes, but nothing new scenario wise (I'm putting my wacom tablet to good use while I have it with me, but in a day or two when I go back to school I'll be spending more time coding)
l'ultimo cruco

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

Ranger M wrote:Ok, Invasion of Arendia 0.1.2 is now on the campaign server. There are some fixes and minor changes, but nothing new scenario wise (I'm putting my wacom tablet to good use while I have it with me, but in a day or two when I go back to school I'll be spending more time coding)
Downloaded your latest version (0.1.2) and started from the beginning. In Reth's trainig I'm getting an error "Unknown unit type B_Thug..." and the scenario quits to the start screen. :(
Wesnoth 1.1.9
l'ultimo cruco

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

l'ultimo cruco wrote: Downloaded your latest version (0.1.2) and started from the beginning. In Reth's trainig I'm getting an error "Unknown unit type B_Thug..." and the scenario quits to the start screen. :(
Wesnoth 1.1.9
your .cfg files are still full of references to B-... units; I cleared them out by hand - search and destroy -, but you might want to revise your release.
As well the shadow mage and the bandit rider (forgot his name) have still "short" and "long" attack types.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

l'ultimo cruco wrote:
l'ultimo cruco wrote: Downloaded your latest version (0.1.2) and started from the beginning. In Reth's trainig I'm getting an error "Unknown unit type B_Thug..." and the scenario quits to the start screen. :(
Wesnoth 1.1.9
your .cfg files are still full of references to B-... units; I cleared them out by hand - search and destroy -, but you might want to revise your release.
As well the shadow mage and the bandit rider (forgot his name) have still "short" and "long" attack types.
Actually there was only one instance that was a problem, the B-Thug in Reth's Training (thanks for finding that by the way), the others are intentional (except the ones in Midnight Raiding, but they aren't a problem, just a mistake). I suppose that I should have mentioned this before, but all of the Rogue Mage line are still B-, because for some reason somebody elses units keep leeking over into IoA, which meant that the IoA Rogue Mage had short and long even though the unit files use melee and ranged. I assume that this is the same for the Brigand (the bandit rider), if you spot any others then please tell me.

Also if you can work out which campaigns/eras are doing it then please tell me (I tried deleting all of the other campaigns and eras that I knew contained the L3 Outlaws, but it still happened so I obviously missed some).

Anyway, I'll go fix this in 0.1.3, and it will be on the campaign server soon.
KRCM

Post by KRCM »

I have started all over (downloaded imperial era and your latest version)
and I get the following error 'Unknown unit type Raider'

What can I do ?
Maintainer Elf War
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Came to post about the 'unknown unit type: Raider' and I see I'm not the first :).

[Also, seemed a bit odd that I could win the caravan scenario by killing Hoaxley without getting the caravan to the marker; if I'd known that, I'd have held off and milked the xp a little more! No big deal, though.]
troodon

solution

Post by troodon »

Invasion of Arendia 1.3, the Raider problem.

Solution: Throughout the campaign, search for "Raider" and replace it with "B-Raider". Same thing for the Brigand.

There is a problem in the "Black Hand Attack" scenario. For some reason, Reth cannot recruit. I have 686 gold, and it looks like I can recruit in the scenario file, but there is no recruit list when I try to recruit. I have no idea why this is.

Finally, did you mean for the second scenario to be won by fighting, but not killing, Wolf? Because that is what happened.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Re: solution

Post by Ranger M »

troodon wrote:Invasion of Arendia 1.3, the Raider problem.

Solution: Throughout the campaign, search for "Raider" and replace it with "B-Raider". Same thing for the Brigand.
Damn, I thought that I fixed this :evil: It will be fixed in the next release.
troodon wrote:There is a problem in the "Black Hand Attack" scenario. For some reason, Reth cannot recruit. I have 686 gold, and it looks like I can recruit in the scenario file, but there is no recruit list when I try to recruit. I have no idea why this is.
I'll check on this, but I can't understand it.
troodon wrote:Finally, did you mean for the second scenario to be won by fighting, but not killing, Wolf? Because that is what happened.
no, definately not, this should never happen because the win event should be triggered by killing him, do you have a replay?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ewan wrote:Came to post about the 'unknown unit type: Raider' and I see I'm not the first :).

[Also, seemed a bit odd that I could win the caravan scenario by killing Hoaxley without getting the caravan to the marker; if I'd known that, I'd have held off and milked the xp a little more! No big deal, though.]
I tried to make Hoaxely too powerful for this, seems that I failed. It isn't really odd though, you can win any scenario by killing all the enemy leaders, but I'll try to include it as an option in the victory conditions thingy (if I remember).
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

The 'win on *fighting* Wolf happened to me also; For once I do have a replay still saved, and can send if you like.

Hoaxley's forces behaved oddly, heading north to try to retake villages (?) and eaving him alone on the keep, vulnerable to my troops (especially a rogue) coming up from the south/south-east.

Confirm that the search/replace for Brigand and Raider has worked thus far (currently in the mddle of Black Hand Attack).
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ewan wrote:The 'win on *fighting* Wolf happened to me also; For once I do have a replay still saved, and can send if you like.
Please do.
Ewan wrote:Hoaxley's forces behaved oddly, heading north to try to retake villages (?) and eaving him alone on the keep, vulnerable to my troops (especially a rogue) coming up from the south/south-east.
I should probably fix this by giving them to him to start with, he should start with mroe villages anyway.
Ewan wrote:Confirm that the search/replace for Brigand and Raider has worked thus far (currently in the mddle of Black Hand Attack).
Yes, and the frustrating thing is that being at school means that I can't update the campaign server, and that because my teachers are being b**terds and giving me homework after every lesson (it's supposed to be from three subjects each day, not seven) I haven't gotten anything else fixed.
HairMetalAddict

Post by HairMetalAddict »

Q: I'm not a campaign developer, but I am a bit of a grammar/spelling freak.

There's quite a few minor spelling/grammar errors throughout the campaign. (Not a complaint, I know not everyone has perfect English.)

I'm willing to go through the texts and tidy it up. I'm just wondering, what would be the best way to do this as a contribution? Send edited .cfg files? Just list the errors for someone else to correct?

I started making a list of things needing fixing as I was playing, but that got tedious. It's just little things, but cleaning them up would give the scenario a more "professional" feel.

Since I'm an unknown here, I'll post a few examples to show I know what I'm doing. :lol: These are based on the version dl'ed from the server today.

*** Round: Border Disturbance ***
Beginning. Turlin says: "..., I'm afraid you're basicaly on your own." at end of one long text.
* That "I'm afraid" reads redundantly, because it's already said in the beginning of the same sentence. Sounds better if it's removed.
* "basicaly" should be "basically". (Word would better be removed completely, as the sentence flow sounds better without it.)

Beginning. Teresa says: "...I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be to happy to see me."
* "be to happy to see me" should be "be too happy to see me", the first "to" should have a second "o".

Beginning. Teresa says: "Only if you don't mind walking with a gimp."
* "gimp" should probably be "limp"

*** Round: Midnight Raiding ***
Intro text. "He was also planning several hit and run attack..."
* "attack" should be "attacks"

Intro text. "He also sent sent his two sons..."
* "sent" written twice
Intro text (same text block as "sent sent"). "Reth's childhood freinds"
* "freinds"should be "friends"

Beginning. Reth says: "...this is one of the new 'perminant' settlements..."
* "perminant" should be "permanent"
Same text block, Reth says: "...famous for it's riders..."
* "it's" should be "its" ... this is a common mistake. See explanation for this at: http://editingpublishing.suite101.com/blog.cfm/356
Same text block. At end, Reth says: "afterall"
* Should be "after all"

I got more. Haven't been through the whole thing either.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

HairMetalAddict wrote:Q: I'm not a campaign developer, but I am a bit of a grammar/spelling freak.

There's quite a few minor spelling/grammar errors throughout the campaign. (Not a complaint, I know not everyone has perfect English.)

I'm willing to go through the texts and tidy it up. I'm just wondering, what would be the best way to do this as a contribution? Send edited .cfg files? Just list the errors for someone else to correct?

I started making a list of things needing fixing as I was playing, but that got tedious. It's just little things, but cleaning them up would give the scenario a more "professional" feel.
I always welcome these kinds of corrections, as my grammer and spelling are appauling, the best way is the way you did it below, it's easy to access, and easy to remeber (I can loose a file easily), also if you edited the .cfgs then you'd be editing the old versions if I've changed them for whatever reason, so I'd have to copy the changes across, so the benefit of being able to just use teh new versions of the file is lost.

I'll change these when I next get a chance (once my mountain of school work has been deminished)