"Clumsy" and related attack abilities

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Jgrr

"Clumsy" and related attack abilities

Post by Jgrr »

Just a few more related ability ideas (I did some search, butt these might still be FPI... probably UMC anyway)

Clumsy: the attack never has more than 60% chance to hit. Could be used on trolls, ogres, WC's, or related-type units. This could be countered with the "not-clumsy" trait :)

Unblockable: this attack cannot be resisted, making any positive resistance into 0%. This would imo be a better ability for magic swords than Magical.

Frightened: this attack can never do more than its default number of damage. Could be used with bad-morale units like Peasants or Goblins.
Oreb

Re: "Clumsy" and related attack abilities

Post by Oreb »

Jgrr wrote:Just a few more related ability ideas (I did some search, butt these might still be FPI... probably UMC anyway)

Clumsy: the attack never has more than 60% chance to hit. Could be used on trolls, ogres, WC's, or related-type units. This could be countered with the "not-clumsy" trait :)
Hmmm... this seems alright, as a weapon special, considering that a troll has to lunge out and punch you...
Jgrr wrote:Unblockable: this attack cannot be resisted, making any positive resistance into 0%. This would imo be a better ability for magic swords than Magical.
Not really, the resistances are meant as fire, blade, pierce and so on. That means a 'magic sword' (i.e thunderblade :D ) has fire, pierce, impact, blade, etc.
Jgrr wrote:Frightened: this attack can never do more than its default number of damage. Could be used with bad-morale units like Peasants or Goblins.
Not that good, the goblins are weak as is, with very low attack, and no zone of control makes them easily routed in seconds.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Jgrr wrote:Clumsy: the attack never has more than 60% chance to hit. Could be used on trolls, ogres, WC's, or related-type units. This could be countered with the "not-clumsy" trait :)
IMO, it's best at 50%, not 60%. 60% means that it will have no effect under normal circumstances.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Or -10, -20 or /2.

I suggest -20%, because the clusness is mostly exploited by dextrous enemies, so climatically, it could be fe. Fencer fighting Whelp. Whelps so clumsy, and Fencer so dextrous, that Whelps hits only 10% of times.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Oreb wrote:
Jgrr wrote:Unblockable: this attack cannot be resisted, making any positive resistance into 0%. This would imo be a better ability for magic swords than Magical.
Not really, the resistances are meant as fire, blade, pierce and so on. That means a 'magic sword' (i.e thunderblade :D ) has fire, pierce, impact, blade, etc.
I suspect what Jggr means is that the defender resists the attack at 0% (unless normal resistance vs the attack type is worse). Essentially the sword's magic is that it cleaves effortlessly through normal defences.

This ability could also make for a different variant of magical attack (it makes sense for Curse, IMO).
JW

Post by JW »

The Bodak unit always has a 20% CTH with his gaze attack. (EOM) It's similar to what you're thinking of for clumsy.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

That wouldve made such weapons a good counter for resistnat guys, instead of for those elusive.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Jgrr wrote:Clumsy: the attack never has more than 60% chance to hit. Could be used on trolls, ogres, WC's, or related-type units. This could be countered with the "not-clumsy" trait :)
AFAIK there is already a variation of this in the Era of Myths
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

JW wrote:The Bodak unit always has a 20% CTH with his gaze attack. (EOM) It's similar to what you're thinking of for clumsy.
Good GAWD is that thing unreliable.

30% for the Bodak thingy, maybe?. At least that way is as reliable as a Thunderer.
irrevenant wrote:I suspect what Jggr means is that the defender resists the attack at 0% (unless normal resistance vs the attack type is worse). Essentially the sword's magic is that it cleaves effortlessly through normal defences.

This ability could also make for a different variant of magical attack (it makes sense for Curse, IMO).
Have i ever told you how much i appreciate you?. Because i do, you know.

*puts a vote in irrevenant's idea*
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Yes, how can you avoid someone shouting random nasty things at you, it doesn't hurt physically, but emotionally... :cry:

I can just see a Saurian shouting 'nasty comments' at something like a elf and the elf starts crying and dies (for it became emo :P )
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm