Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I am going to release a new version very soon (after this and some dialgoue fixes), but first I need to know weather I can use units which I stored using [store_unit] in order to construct two new sides with the leaders being two already difined units which are on the list, and using the other units as a recall list, and if so how (basically I need to split the new units into a seperate army with a seperate recall list, so that I have two different armies which I can choose between when making a scnenario).
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Seeing as nobody answered my question, I've decided to release anyway. Version 0.1.0 is now on the campaign server and features many dialogue changes in order to fit in with some details that changed since I first wrote it, and a new scenario (which ends in a nice twist).

However, because the question wasn't answered, and I haven't checked how ANO did it yet because I'm lazy :P there is a small possibility that I may have to change things in the new scenario in order to get one at some point in the future to work (I'll know by the next release) so keep the beginning of scenario save.

Also if you are near the beginning then start again, I've just changed the recruitment unit ids so that it uses the normal units and then the custom ones are added on at the end, so starting again means that you avoid all problem indefinately.

If you are in the middle of the campaign that means that you are stuck with the units with old ids, but don't worry, it will still work, all of the old units wtill exist, but instead of advancing into the old version of their advancement, they advanace into the correct one. And if they are L3 then they advance into the correct one after gaining 20 XP. So if you do have old saves play them through untill all of those old units have advanced or died (either way) otherwise when I do get rid of the old ones your saves don't get broken.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I have no idea how to do that. I think its funny that, after about 3-4 months of no updates, you've updated it a fair few times in the last month, though it is nearly time for the new month.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Ranger M wrote:I am going to release a new version very soon (after this and some dialgoue fixes), but first I need to know weather I can use units which I stored using [store_unit] in order to construct two new sides with the leaders being two already difined units which are on the list, and using the other units as a recall list, and if so how (basically I need to split the new units into a seperate army with a seperate recall list, so that I have two different armies which I can choose between when making a scnenario).
I am no WML expert, but I did have a point in one of my scenarios where I had to split my forces (namely, 'Back Home' in SotBE.) What I waned to do was have my trolls split from the rest of my army and create a side of their own. So what I did was recall my top 10 - 15 trolls and changed their side, making an existing unit (one that you can't let die) into their leader. I used a series of marcos, going like this:

For the oppenin event I recalled them on their original side:

Code: Select all

#define TROLLARMY X
[role]
role=store{X}
type=Troll Warrior,Troll,Troll Rocklobber,Troll Whelp
[/role]
[store_unit]
	[filter]
	role=store{X}
	[/filter]
variable=store{X}
kill=yes
[/store_unit]
#enddef

#define TROLLRECALL X
[unstore_unit]
variable=store{X}
[/unstore_unit]
[recall]
role=store{X}
[/recall]
[recall]
description={X}
[/recall]
[clear_variable]
name=store{X}
[/clear_variable]
#enddef

#define TROLLMOVE X
[store_unit]
	[filter]
	role=store{X}
	[/filter]
variable=store{X}
kill=yes
[/store_unit]
[set_variable] 
name=store{X}.side 
value=4 
[/set_variable] 
[set_variable]
name=store{X}.x
value=5
[/set_variable]
[set_variable]
name=store{X}.y
value=4
[/set_variable]

#enddef

[event]
name=start

[reacall]
description=Gr?º?º
[/recall]

{TROLLARMY 1}
		{TROLLARMY 2}
		{TROLLARMY 3}
		{TROLLARMY 4}
		{TROLLARMY 5}
		{TROLLARMY 6}
		{TROLLARMY 7}
		{TROLLARMY 8}
		{TROLLARMY 9}
		{TROLLARMY 10}

{TROLLRECALL 1}
		{TROLLRECALL 2}
		{TROLLRECALL 3}
		{TROLLRECALL 4}
		{TROLLRECALL 5}
		{TROLLRECALL 6}
		{TROLLRECALL 7}
		{TROLLRECALL 8}
		{TROLLRECALL 9}
		{TROLLRECALL 10}

###In keeping with the plot I had a few messages and what not - and then had them disappear for the few turns:

{TROLLMOVE 1}
		{TROLLMOVE 2}
		{TROLLMOVE 3}
		{TROLLMOVE 4}
		{TROLLMOVE 5}
		{TROLLMOVE 6}
		{TROLLMOVE 7}
		{TROLLMOVE 8}
		{TROLLMOVE 9}
		{TROLLMOVE 10}

[store_unit]
			[filter]
			description=Gr?º?º
			[/filter]
		variable=moving
		kill=yes
		[/store_unit]

[set_variable]
		name=moving.side
		value=4
		[/set_variable]
		[set_variable]
		name=moving.x
		value=5
		[/set_variable]
		[set_variable]
		name=moving.y
		value=4
		[/set_variable]
		[set_variable]
		name=moving.canrecruit
		value=1
		[/set_variable]

[/event]

Then, after a few turns I had them pop up again, except on a different side:

Code: Select all

#define TROLLARRIVE X
[unstore_unit]
variable=store{X}
find_vacant=yes
[/unstore_unit]
[clear_variable]
name=store{X}
[/clear_variable]
#enddef

[event]
	name=turn 7

[move_unit_fake]
	type=Great Troll
	x=1,2,3,4,5,5
	y=1,1,2,2,3,4
	[/move_unit_fake]

[unstore_unit]
	variable=moving
	find_vacant=yes
	[/unstore_unit]

{CLEAR VARIABLE moving}

{TROLLARRIVE 1}
	{TROLLARRIVE 2}
	{TROLLARRIVE 3}
	{TROLLARRIVE 4}
	{TROLLARRIVE 5}
	{TROLLARRIVE 6}
	{TROLLARRIVE 7}
	{TROLLARRIVE 8}
	{TROLLARRIVE 9}
	{TROLLARRIVE 10}

[/event]

It probobally isn't exactally what you had in mind, but it might give you an idea or otherwise send you in the right direction.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Oreb wrote:I have no idea how to do that. I think its funny that, after about 3-4 months of no updates, you've updated it a fair few times in the last month, though it is nearly time for the new month.
It's simply because I put my mind to it, before i hadn't released because I'd been busy doing something or other therefore I'd done little to no work on the campaign, then I started on the new scenario, and simply did nothing else untill I hit a problem or it was finished (or my dad asked me to help him pick the greengage tree, or check the forums every now and then), all of the previous releases were bug fixes and additional features that I did while making the new scenario.

[

It does, or at least it would if I could work out at what point you turned one of the units into the leader of the new side (that's the bit I really need help with).

EDIT: oh, and in the start even you've spelt the first recall wrong.
bloblo

V0.1 - Saving Thrashan

Post by bloblo »

I can not recruit ?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Re: V0.1 - Saving Thrashan

Post by Ranger M »

bloblo wrote:I can not recruit ?
Odd, but I think that I know why, I'll release a fix sometime today, this should only be happening if you are loading a current save, not starting again (right?), because if it is then I was expecting it and was going to put in a fix, but forgot. If it isn't then this will take longer.
bloblo

Post by bloblo »

Ranger M wrote: Odd, but I think that I know why, I'll release a fix sometime today, this should only be happening if you are loading a current save, not starting again (right?), because if it is then I was expecting it and was going to put in a fix, but forgot. If it isn't then this will take longer.
No, this is the new version ... I have played the Naga Temple on the V0.1.0
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

bloblo wrote:No, this is the new version ... I have played the Naga Temple on the V0.1.0
What I mean is did you start again, or did you carry on from where you were after you downloaded 0.1.0?
bloblo

Post by bloblo »

Ranger M wrote:[did you carry on from where you were after you downloaded 0.1.0?
I have continued the game... Freeing Nagas was ended on the old version, Naga Temple started on the V0.1.0. as the Saving Thrashan... I have updated the scenario before the end of Freeing Nagas.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

It may have something to do with the Sidhe, every time I load them in MP after saving they can't recruit then wesnoth quits.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

It may have something to do with the Sidhe, every time I load them in MP after saving they can't recruit then wesnoth quits.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Oreb wrote:It may have something to do with the Sidhe, every time I load them in MP after saving they can't recruit then wesnoth quits.
it isn't, the problem is that the recruit list has changed without the change being annouced in [allow_recruit] and [disallow_recruit] tags, all I need to do to fix it is make a macro which [disallow_recruit)'s the old bandit units from the list and [allow_recruit]'s the new ones, and then make it run in every scenario. version 0.1.1 will do this when I release it this afternoon (I'm busy right now, but after lunch it will be done)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I have now fixed the problem, but the campaign server is down again so I'm posting the files that have been effected here. Replace the old scenarios and utils folders with the new ones, and the old Invasion_of_Arendia.cfg with the new one.
JW

Post by JW »

Well, I think I'm gonna wait for the server to be up to re/dl the campaign and start from scratch.

Did you make the changes to the outlaw units? Sorry that I didn't follow the thread so well.