Anyone got an idea for a new campaign?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

One possible campaign is North elves holding out until relieved
Could involve for instance Elves saving griffins form orcs, holding out against the orcs, trying toget help from dwarves etc. You can pm me for more
also, finishing Delfador's memoirs. Also pm me for that
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

If you're searching for scenario ideas i have some:

-Your camp is lacking meat. Use alredy-placed traps at some coordinates and with picture,
try to make the enemies move on the traps.
-Attacking a king with a keep just near a canyon. When killed, he will have a fake movement that pulls him in the darkness
-Having a very slow and weak unit with a high level and leadership in a scenario where you need to kill high leveled monsters.
-You lost a thing in the castle. Several "item" persons will tell u if they have seen it by moving on them. At the end, for resolving the location you must use every information is given you.
-Being assaulted. Defend your castle with some archers that have been positioned on the walls in the prestart and your recruits.

...?
Great Mage Nicolas
toms

Post by toms »

@Nicholas: The first thing you should consider is to create something innovative.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

Undead invading Wesnoth... and winning.
toms

Post by toms »

eyu100 wrote:Undead invading Wesnoth... and winning.
Yes, that would be new, but crashing the overall storyline.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

EI comes rather close, though.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
szopen

Post by szopen »

Well, the prequel to A New Order would be nice:
Akladians escaping from their hell and invading Wesnoth;

or a sequel, about SPOILER to see it hit edit
[size=0] the fate of the Lorin's and Gawen's son, who is raised by Agrawaithi; however, this shouldn't be "reclaim your rightful throne" variation, rather story of chaos and insanity - final collapse of Wesnoth :) [/size]
END OF SPOILER
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

toms wrote:
eyu100 wrote:
Undead invading Wesnoth... and winning.
Yes, that would be new, but crashing the overall storyline
I don't get why we need to give the impression that Wesnoth is an incoherent assembly of mutually conflicting stories. TROW has left
a great window where a new campaign can "explain" how the homeland of the Westfolk fell to various monsters, not necessarily only undead
and how the few survivors left, led by Jessica's ancestors
were able to flee to the Green isle. So there'e plenty of room
for such a story without crashing the overall storyline. This would make for a great campaign I believe
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

santi wrote:I don't get why we need to give the impression that Wesnoth is an incoherent assembly of mutually conflicting stories. TROW has left
a great window where a new campaign can "explain" how the homeland of the Westfolk fell to various monsters, not necessarily only undead
and how the few survivors left, led by Jessica's ancestors
were able to flee to the Green isle. So there'e plenty of room
for such a story without crashing the overall storyline. This would make for a great campaign I believe
True, actually, no the westfolk were fleeing a war with between the maurauders and their allies the Frost elves, against the Lavinians and theis allies the Arendians and Nemidians. The Dardoni were supposed to be fighting along side the Lavinians, etc, but knowing that the Lavinians would loose, they fled east instead. So basically they were fleeing the destruction of their homeland by barbariens and their elven allies (and probably some attacks from the sidhe, the other elves), you could still have basically the same story, except they are fleeing something different, but never actually fight it.

so the first scenario would be them being called to war by the Lavinians, probably by a one of the generals who is bringing his army towards the battle, and has taken a detour to tell them to come and fight, so you end up fighting him when you loose. Then you have to prepare to leave in the next scenario (or two), and fight off other attacks (the Arendians, Nemidians and Lavinians would now be attacking you, and probably some sidhe too, just because they can and they hate most humans). Then once you are at sea you could get attacked by, well any enemies that you want to throw in that could be in the area as you island hop your way to the Green Isle, where you will have to invade. Oh, and somewhere along the line your people will learn necromancy (they leave without it, and arrive on the Green Isle, liches and all, with it.)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

It would be really nice if people understood the history of the Old Continent before posting about ideas for wesfolk origins, orcish origins, etc...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
commander keen

Post by commander keen »

No need for more ideas, i'm doing Taming f the Wild. I'll just go and start a thread now (or I could rename this one, but Its full of unrelated posts :) )