Anyone got an idea for a new campaign?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

commander keen

Anyone got an idea for a new campaign?

Post by commander keen »

I'm interested in trying to make a new campaign and i was wondering if anyone had any simple(ish) ideas that they can't be bothered making.

I'd prefer something not overly long and not too many new graphics required. I don't mind a few but i don't want some fiendishly difficult task for my first campaign.

I don't care if all you have is a plan, i just need a sort of a map otherwise I'd end up with a mess of pointless scenarios with no real climax...

So if any of you have a reasonably easy idea? :)

P.S. Clarification: what i mean by "map" is a sort of plot or possible scenario order just so i don't end up wasting time (i have a habit of making too many scenarios due to my infinite number of ideas)
Last edited by commander keen on August 2nd, 2006, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOpsElf

Re: Anyone got an idea for a new campaign?

Post by BlackOpsElf »

commander keen wrote:I'm interested in trying to make a new campaign and i was wondering if anyone had any simple(ish) ideas that they can't be bothered making.

I'd prefer something not overly long and not too many new graphics required. I don't mind a few but i don't want some fiendishly difficult task for my first campaign.

I don't care if all you have is a plan, i just need a sort of a map otherwise I'd end up with a mess of pointless scenarios with no real climax...

1) Heir to the Throne from the Orc point of view.
2) An assassination attempt at Li'Sar and Konrad's wedding.
3) A series of siege attempts on a Lavinian city, where your force dwindles due to lack of food rather than grows after each battle.
4) The humans from UtBS fight the trolls and the dwarves.
5) A pie-eating contest between Kalenz and Delfador. To the death.
Creator and Maintainer of "Where Angels Fear To Tread"
toms

Post by toms »

HttT story wrote:Kalenz returned to his home in the North and never returned to the land of men.
When he returns, he faces the orcs. Luckily, he has some elvish soldiers... :wink:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Jgrr

Post by Jgrr »

There are a approximately million unfinished campaigns whose owner has left and is possibly never coming back. If you don't have a clear campaign idea of your own, I suggest browsing through older threads of this forum and taking over one of those campaigns. You can even benefit of something that's already been made.
JW

Post by JW »

BlackOpsElf wrote:5) A pie-eating contest between Kalenz and Delfador. To the death.
Truly, the most epic of all battles.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

If you look at the link in my sig, you'll see I have a bunch of campaign ideas for people who don't want to come up with one themselves. ;) Pick one you like and I'll elaborate on it.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 »

commander keen wrote:I'm interested in trying to make a new campaign and i was wondering if anyone had any simple(ish) ideas that they can't be bothered making.

i'm just a plain map maker and have no skills for scen/campgn
so if your up on your grayhawk history you could make a campgn
i see no more then maybe 6 scenarios all told?...

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12332
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Err I have to point that said scenario already have a bunch of copyrigth owners and we dont have permission to use them... so it shouldnt be stored in the forum nor the campaign server.
sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 »

fmunoz wrote:Err I have to point that said scenario already have a bunch of copyrigth owners and we dont have permission to use them... so it shouldnt be stored in the forum nor the campaign server.

then should these be removed?

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... t=lotr+map

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ddle+earth

the LOTR scenario is online everyday or every other
day will that be stopped?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

As you probably noticed, every single thread you linked to had this objection brought up pretty quickly. We aren't going to delete the threads, because they're good for future reference, but yes you have to delete the maps.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 »

besides the point of the above discusion....

hahahhaha this is funny..

just so i can get the story straight i went right
to the beast himself over the phone.....

WOTC wont clarify thier CR nor will they
provide anyone to help interpret thier CR
nor the OG lisc.....

hilarious...makes one wonder if they even know
what thier own CR means...

:shock: :lol:

-------------------

oh sorry commander keen didnt mean to take your thread OT....
commander keen

Post by commander keen »

turin wrote:If you look at the link in my sig, you'll see I have a bunch of campaign ideas for people who don't want to come up with one themselves. ;) Pick one you like and I'll elaborate on it.
I like Turins idea on the Taming of the wild(Excellent setting and no extra graphics required)
and Blackopself UtBS idea(minor one in case I mess up :oops: )

P.S.
I was thinking I could make one to do with a loyalist training camp which was raided by orcs...But these ideas are better, if not mine.
Lord Jevyan

Post by Lord Jevyan »

why don't you make a campaign in the Green Isle ruled by undeads and orcs? You are Jevyan's elder but no one wants to obey you as a king so you must kill every rebel... this isn't a good storyline, make something better this way... make a cruel campaign ( Green Isle is Hell )
Hasta la vittoria per Wesnoth, siempre!
commander keen

Post by commander keen »

I think I'll do Turin's Taming of the wild idea.

Pros: Historical, Mainlineish, I'll learn lots of WML :D

Cons: Slightly "Classic" ( Loyalists vs orcs, how many Campaigns do this? :wink: )

Turin, could you say... Provide more Information?
Lucky for me I just spent 4 hours downloading 1.1.8
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Or you could help me out, check the topic "Nightfall" for info!
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!