[Historical] Son of the Black Eye Updated!

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Thanks for the bug report. I'll check it out and if it's a problem I will get it fixed by the next release which is comming up pretty soon here.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Xeron_

Post by Xeron_ »

ty - i really got a need for an orc campaign and knew yours from an earlier version of wesnoth - i'd love being able to play it again :wink:
Free

Post by Free »

Xeron_ wrote:after finishing the first level of Son of the Black Eye, the game suddenly broke. - the window was instantly closed and i had to restart my x-window since it was stuck in a zoomed in mode. This bugg has just occured after this very level of your campaign, thus i believe it is no general problem of my pc/the game.

Here's the message i have recieved in my Terminal:

scenario: 'Toward_Mountains_of_Haag'
has snapshot: no
skipping...
wesnoth: unit_map.cpp:55: void unit_map::add(std::pair<gamemap::location, unit>*): Zusicherung >>res.second<< nicht erf?llt.
Abgebrochen

- by a pitty it's german -
Yes, I had the same problem—if you chose to stay and fight the humans, everything is fine. If you chose the other option, the game crashes
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Intersting, I checked it out and yes, you are right, the game does crash. I am also working on adding another scenario to this campagn so I will just release the both of them together. Give it about a week, two at the most. If you can't wait that long then take Free's advice and stay and fight the humans :-)

Xeron_

Post by Xeron_ »

They shall not live much longer :twisted:

nice to see people working so keenly on solving problems - one seldomly gets such service from professionaly
keep your ambition up :wink:
Xeron_

Post by Xeron_ »

I lately got this message when starting battle for wesnoth (it started without problems)

error config: unit Kapoue Leader uses an image_defensive tag, which is deprecate d
error config: unit Kapoue Ruler uses an image_defensive tag, which is deprecated
error config: unit Kapoue Sovereign uses an image_defensive tag, which is deprec ated
error config: unit Orcish Shaman uses an image_defensive tag, which is deprecate d
error config: unit Novice Orcish Shaman uses an image_defensive tag, which is de precated
error config: unit Gork Orcish Shaman uses an image_defensive tag, which is depr ecated

- since it contains names from you'r campaign i thought it might containe some hints
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

"Civil War" is taking me longer then I expected. Anyhow, in the meantime I am uploading a "patch", it doesen't have the new scenario but it has fixed a few bugs that have been mentioned. And Xeron, your problem should be fixed. let me know if it's otherwise.

scott

Post by scott »

Taurus wrote: Mind you however, I am planning on compleating SotBE first so it might be a while before I get around to it.
There is a guy who keeps posting fixes to SOTBE in the bug tracker at bugs.wesnoth.org. There are 2 closed bugs that pertain (assigned to me at the moment). Perhaps you should post a comment in those bugs or check out his patches.

Edit: they're 4385 and 4903.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Civil War is finally done. It was actually done a week ago but it is practacally impossible to upload anything over a dialup connection (it uploads about 99% and then it says "remote host disconnected". Anyhow, I finally got it up.

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Version 0.13 is being uploaded on the server. It is basically just a new campaign, "The Coward".

For the reccord, two more scenarios to go and the campaign is done :-)

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Version 0.14 is out. It includes a few bugfixes and a new scenario - "The Human Attack."

One more scenario to go :)

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

FYI, using word 'human' in Wesnoth is frowned upon, because it is seen as being out of place - too modern sounding, or somesuch.

Perhaps change it to "the wesnothian attack" or somesuch? (assuming the wesnothians were the humans referred to).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

turin wrote:FYI, using word 'human' in Wesnoth is frowned upon, because it is seen as being out of place - too modern sounding, or somesuch.

Perhaps change it to "the wesnothian attack" or somesuch? (assuming the wesnothians were the humans referred to).
:? With all respect turin but that idea sounds pretty absurd. Since when has that been the policy? As a matter of fact, if you look in the unit directory, every "human" unit is labled as "human-somethingsomething".

And what do you mean "human" is out of place. You have elves, dwarves, orcs and "humans". If not humans then what are they, extra trestrials?

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

They're called human in the file name, but you never see the word human in-game. So what are they called, you ask? Men.

I didn't make up that policy, it's been around longer than I have... though it might have changed recently for some unknown reason.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

I still don't get what is wrong with calling them humans. Take it from an orc point of view (as SotBE is). If you were an orc would you say, "Oh look the 'men' are attacking." 'Humans' sounds a lot better.

And what is 'modern' sounding about 'humans' anyway? Especially when compared to 'men'