1.1.7 wesnoth fails to quit on osx

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
doctored

1.1.7 wesnoth fails to quit on osx

Post by doctored »

in fullscreen happens with both 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 if you then push option+apple+esc you get no force quit dialog but wesnoth does immediately quit

had trouble reporting bugs on gna but here is my bug report never noticed this issue in previous releases

no other problems so far

doctored
I'm not a doctor but I do play one on TV.
scott

Post by scott »

The topic title says the game fails to quit.
Your post says the game does quit.

So, which is it?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Sounds like hitting "Quit" in the game menu does not close the program, and he has to kill the program externally.... am I right?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

As far as I can tell quit functionality is the same as it ever was. Apple-q has never worked properly in this game (due to an SDL issue I understand), where it quits-to-menu rather than quits the application. Other than that, escape, the quit buttons, quit menu option, and :q all appear to work. Apple-q doesn't quit the game when you're at the main menu. Is that what you mean?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
doctored

Post by doctored »

in the main menu when you hit the quit button sometimes it doesnt react the music will even continue to play through one loop. at that point the interface is nonresponsive until you push force quit key combo at which point wesnoth instantly quits with no apperant crash
scott

Post by scott »

Ok, good. I recommend you file a bug report at bugs.wesnoth.org (I'm not sure what your troubles were, but it's the tool best-suited for bug tracking). I'll keep an eye out for it. If I see it I'll report it too. Thanks.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
doctored

Post by doctored »

gna doesnt seem to work very well with my browser (safari) i ve tried reporting there before with out much luck
scott

Post by scott »

doctored wrote:gna doesnt seem to work very well with my browser (safari) i ve tried reporting there before with out much luck
I use safari also. What kind of errors do you get?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
doctored

Post by doctored »

well for one thing i never can attach files (i know thats not relevent to this bug) ive also had trouble actually loading the page a few times maybe im just not ver familar with the gna interface. all i know ive done 2 reports on there and im fairly certain neither one of those reports would have helped anyone fix them.

anyways this fail to quit problem is interemittant but im pretty sure its not my system i have a very fresh and clean install on a 1g g4 with 768mb ram and lots hd space and never noticed it before 1.1.7
doctored

sorry to bump this but...

Post by doctored »

i was just wondering if anyone else has seen this?
Free

Post by Free »

I don't have this problem, and I do have 10.4.5 which I know is not your version.

Perhaps you could try quitting the game from the dock? Have you tried that?
doctored

Post by doctored »

i usually play in fullscreen cause my screen isnt very big
Free

Post by Free »

Then "apple-f" it. Then you can quit from the dock.
doctored

Post by doctored »

it only happens about 15 or 20 percent of the time so it would more of a pain to switch everytime i quit or startup i mean its quicker to just force quit when it happens but i think it should be fixed if it is indeed a bug which again i cant believe noone else has seen this maybe there is something wrong with my install but i doubt it
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

I have to say I have had no problems of this kind with Wesnoth in Tiger. I run a G5 PowerMac with 10.4.7, and have seen no sign of this, and I always run full screen.

You may be right in saying that your install is corrupted.

I'm assuming you are a good housekeeper and occasionally repair your priviledges on your hard disk? If not, I'd definitely reinstall, clean up and, hopefully, enjoy without further hassles. :D