Airiya (Iranian-type faction)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:That would be making it use 5mov, so he can only use it once, but the issue is usage.

Should he be able to go in, attack, move out?. If so, how much mov should it use to be sure it doesn't get used many times?.
The original idea was that he would move in on one turn and attack normally, then on a subsequent turn could deliver the Parthian Shot and move out of range without attacking again on that turn, but ignoring zones of control. Also, he would only be able to ignore zones of control when moving after delivering the Parthian Shot, not when moving normally. I'm not sure if it is possible to have a unit that uses "skirmisher" only in certain specific situations, but that was part of my original idea.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:Should he be able only to do one attack, then move?. Using movement_used=5 could do this, but he would only run 3 hexes afterwards at best (after the melle-less unit endures a turn of melee most possibly, since you wouldn't Parthian someone with ranged attack, which normally will have more repetitions than your).

Another option could be for the attack to have some sort of WML special. The moment it is used, it dissapears until the next turn, and movement_used=0, so he doesn't lose moves when doing it.
The latter sounds like a better option to me, and more in the spirit of the unit as I originally envisioned it.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Magauuan, sort of. A blatant rip of the Great Mage.

Is it supposed to have a beard?
Attachments
magauuan.png
magauuan.png (1.91 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Anyar

Post by Anyar »

turin wrote:My understanding is that once a unit attacks. it cannot attack again that turn, even if it has movement left over - although you should probably test that. I'm basing it off of my experience with debug, where you can give a unit that has attacked more movement and he still can't attack again.

If that's true, we shouldn't need to worry about the exact number of movements removed - we could even make it 1, although that might be unbalanced.
This is true. A unit cannot attack after attacking.
Even as the fingers of the two hands are equal, so are human beings equal to one another. No one has any right, nor any preference to claim over another. You are brothers. - Muhammed
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

BTW, some reference images for the Mosuli Conscript and Levy would be appreciated. I don't quite get what they're supposed to look like. For the Cataphract too, if you can get them.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Angel Guardian type unit (parts shamelessly ripped from Celestials and the Gryphon).
Attachments
guardian.png
guardian.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

AH GAWD.

*gouges eyes out*

*faints*
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

turin wrote:Angel Guardian type unit
I don't remember anyone proposing this guy for the Iranian/Assyrian faction, but he looks like he could have stepped straight from the walls of an Assyrian palace. We've got to work him in somehow!
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Temuchin Khan wrote:
turin wrote:Angel Guardian type unit
I don't remember anyone proposing this guy for the Iranian/Assyrian faction, but he looks like he could have stepped straight from the walls of an Assyrian palace. We've got to work him in somehow!
turin's proyect to Default-ize the Imperial Era consist of adding a swimmer and/or flyer to every faction.

An Assyrian angel/guardian inspired unit was the pick for the Airiya. It is in, AFAIK.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

turin wrote:Magauuan, sort of. A blatant rip of the Great Mage.

Is it supposed to have a beard?
I skimmed the last page of this thread, for some reason, and realized we had never answered this question.

Yes, I do believe he should have a beard. In fact, probably all the Airiya and Mosuli except the Angel Guardian should have beards.

It is true that the modern Magi in the picture a few pages back were clean shaven, but that's probably a modern Western influence.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

OK.

(FYI, I am still working on these guys, but they've taken a back seat to the Frost Elves, mostly because I want to get the non-human factions done first.)
The World of Orbivm
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

turin wrote:OK.

(FYI, I am still working on these guys, but they've taken a back seat to the Frost Elves, mostly because I want to get the non-human factions done first.)
No problem. I, too, want to see the Frost Elves get done.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I should have never doen that personality test. It instantly reminded me of these guys, and then it sprouted my attemp at cheap frankensteining in Paint.

I decided Persian/Airiya wouldn't be much into proper headgear (carving show guys without helmets), but good if i just knew how to do pixel braids, or pixels at all.

Ignore me, it is not like i haven't done similar things in other threads, though i just dropped drawings. At least it represents the progression i had in my mind. Assyrian/Mosuli however, would be into cuirasses, scale mail, high helmets and whatnot.
Attachments
frankenstein-footmen.PNG
frankenstein-footmen.PNG (2.58 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Appreciated.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:Angel Guardian type unit (parts shamelessly ripped from Celestials and the Gryphon).
Wow, that is shameless. :shock:

-note: first time I saw the image XD