Wesnoth 1.1.5, Load

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Disto

Wesnoth 1.1.5, Load

Post by Disto »

The load button doesn't work for me, I was playing through Turin's new campaign, but I needed to go so I saved but now I can't load it..

Error of

Code: Select all

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\Wesnoth\wesnoth.exe

This application has requested the runtime to be terminated in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information
Obviously Windows.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

I just tried to load a game in 1.1.5 and it worked fine.

Please try again if it is reproducable. If so, file a bug report and attach the savegame to it (or at least attach it to one of your posts in this thread).

Oh, and if not - errm - errm - i don't know :) .
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Disto

Post by Disto »

Yogi Bear wrote:I just tried to load a game in 1.1.5 and it worked fine.

Please try again if it is reproducable. If so, file a bug report and attach the savegame to it (or at least attach it to one of your posts in this thread).

Oh, and if not - errm - errm - i don't know :) .
It is reproducable.

Another thing I want to add is that I have to do :refresh for all the units to be tcoloured properly. At the start of the map it's fine, all the leaders are tcoloured but not when I recruit.
Creator of the Marauders
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Wesnoth 1.1.5, Load

Post by turin »

Disto wrote:The load button doesn't work for me, I was playing through Turin's new campaign, but I needed to go so I saved but now I can't load it..

Error of

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the runtime to be terminated in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information
Obviously Windows.
Might be a problem with the campaign. what scenario were you loading a save of?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Re: Wesnoth 1.1.5, Load

Post by Disto »

turin wrote:
Disto wrote:The load button doesn't work for me, I was playing through Turin's new campaign, but I needed to go so I saved but now I can't load it..

Error of

Runtime Error!

Obviously Windows.
Might be a problem with the campaign. what scenario were you loading a save of?

HttT and your most recent one, the Roman one.
Creator of the Marauders
dain

same here

Post by dain »

i've got the same problem, trying to load savegame, but windows pop a window with the error message already cited above with a default error sound. the window cannot be seen, but if i press enter it blinks up and the whole game quits to desktop

i was playing with the "under the burning suns" campaign, but after somewhere at the end of the first scenario the saves just won't load, they don't even have a thumbnail of the map if i click on them

i as well had the problem named the "infested archer", but after it got hit it leveled up and all went fine

i've attached my last savegame, which just cannot be loaded

oh, and i didn't unistalled 1.1.4 before installing this version (hoping that it updates automatically), but i've started this campaign after install

game: 1.1.5
sys: a64 3200+, 2gb corsair ram
Attachments
Across_the_Harsh_Sands_Turn_22.zip
no map thumbnail, crashes game
(58.15 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

The game aborts if it doesn't recognize the unit type of some unit in an old save. This is not exactly a crash, but it's not really a nice behavior either.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
dain

Post by dain »

Sapient wrote:The game aborts if it doesn't recognize the unit type of some unit in an old save. This is not exactly a crash, but it's not really a nice behavior either.
but mine is not an old save, i wanted to load it with the same version after a sleep :) maybe those sand elves makes it nuts (i have some 2nd level unit as well)?

anyway, is there a workaround? i really wouldn't want to restart the campaign just to find out that it won't save properly again :?
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Right, yours is probably a different problem. I just haven't got a chance to try debugging it right now. You can also try posting it to the bug-tracker: bugs.wesnoth.org
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
dain

Post by dain »

Sapient wrote:Right, yours is probably a different problem. I just haven't got a chance to try debugging it right now. You can also try posting it to the bug-tracker: bugs.wesnoth.org
thanks for the reply, i've posted it here: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?func=det ... em_id=6176

somebody already had a similar problem, so i didn't open a new thread