Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Oh Gawds, it started... damn.*

*For those unaware, i'm not fond of TC, but TC in something intended to look Roman-esque is blasphemous IMO.

I think the TC'd medals on the Signifier branch are a bit too much. After all, they are supposed to be metalic/mineral medals. Also, i just noticed, why do the Legionnaires have plums on their helmets?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Disto

Post by Disto »

Anyar wrote:
turin wrote:Unfortunately, we won't be able to use a purple cape, because that would clash with the TC...
Can't you use a color that isnt magenta?
Turin can use a colour which isn't magenta, he can use any of the colours, but magenta is the standard. Eg look at the flag, that's green but it still is tcoloured.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Oh Gawds, it started... damn.*

*For those unaware, i'm not fond of TC, but TC in something intended to look Roman-esque is blasphemous IMO.
Er... let's put it like this. The Legion will only look good when played as player 1, and maybe player 2 (a blue legion would look odd, but not stupid). But you can always change the number of the side to make it red or blue...
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I think the TC'd medals on the Signifier branch are a bit too much. After all, they are supposed to be metalic/mineral medals.
Yeah, that's a good point. I'll un-TC them.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:Also, i just noticed, why do the Legionnaires have plums on their helmets?.
Err... aren't they supposed to?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:Er... let's put it like this. The Legion will only look good when played as player 1, and maybe player 2 (a blue legion would look odd, but not stupid). But you can always change the number of the side to make it red or blue...
Purple also works well for the legion.

BTW, I just commited the new arendian art, along with an archer animation I threw together in about half an hour (see below, i'm getting fast at simple archer animations) unfortunately I can't seem to get the animation to work in game, for some reason, so I updated the archer file with what I had done (which contained the timings, which you can also check the .gif below for if you aren't sure of them).

Also, the aragwaith archer and spearman lines still seem to be on short and long range types, I would fix it, but I'm too tired right now, if you haven't done it by tomorrow afternoon (my afternoon, not yours) then I'll do it.

EDIT: Oh, and the kedri desert footman is camoflaged on grassland and dirt (these being he ones that I noticed, there might be more), when the description only says desert and sand.
Last edited by Ranger M on June 15th, 2006, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
unsung

Post by unsung »

turin wrote:Err... that was just residue from the earlier Legionnaire. It isn't in the actual unit image, and I've fixed it here.

In this image I've done the Praetorian (which I had to do all over again - the old Praetorian had nothing I could use except the helmet), and I've touched up the Decurion.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to use a purple cape, because that would clash with the TC...
That color actually goes quite nicely with them. The new praetroien is awesome, by the way.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Well, since you haven't replied yet I'll fix the aragwaith problem, expect a fix this afternoon.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Err.... yeah, sure. Go ahead and try to fix the Kedari bug too.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:Err.... yeah, sure. Go ahead and try to fix the Kedari bug too.
Ok, I'll try the kedri bug too, but please fix the archer animation if you can, I wouldn't want to waste it.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

For some reason, despite the fact that none of the files use short or long, the entire aragwaith faction seems to use those ranges. This is from a fresh svn download after deleting the old era, so it can't be from the files. I imagine that its a campaign from 1.0.2 (possibly A New Order), I'll look into it further.

BTW, I also had a go at fixing the archer animation, but it still doesn't work for some reason. This is the code I am using, can anybody fix it?

Code: Select all

[attack]
	name=bow
	type=pierce
	range=ranged
	damage=6
	number=3
	icon=attacks/bow.png
		[animation]
		hits=no
		direction=w,e,se,sw
			[missile_frame]
				begin=0
				end=100
				image="projectiles/missile-n.png"
				image_diagonal="projectiles/missile-ne.png"
			[/missile_frame]
			[frame]
			begin=-
			end=-575
			image="units/arendian/archer-attack-ranged-e-1.png"
			[/frame]
			[frame]
			begin=-575
			end=-475
			image="units/arendian/archer-attack-ranged-e-2.png"
			[/frame]
			[frame]
			begin=-475
			end=-350
			image="units/arendian/archer-attack-ranged-e-3.png"
			[/frame]
			[frame]
			begin=-350
			end=-200
			image="units/arendian/archer-attack-ranged-e-4.png"
			[/frame]
			[frame]
			begin=-200
			end=0
			image="units/arendian/archer-attack-ranged-e-5.png"
			[/frame]
			[frame]
			begin=0
			end=150
			image="units/arendian/archer-attack-ranged-e-6.png"
			[/frame]
		[/animation]
	[/attack]
for some reason only the last frame appears.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ranger M wrote:For some reason, despite the fact that none of the files use short or long, the entire aragwaith faction seems to use those ranges. This is from a fresh svn download after deleting the old era, so it can't be from the files. I imagine that its a campaign from 1.0.2 (possibly A New Order), I'll look into it further.
Probably. Try removing A New Order if you have it installed, and see if the problem still exists.
Ranger M wrote:BTW, I also had a go at fixing the archer animation, but it still doesn't work for some reason. This is the code I am using, can anybody fix it?
All I can think of is - why is hits set to =no?
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I'll try changing both of those, and see what happens.

EDIT: OK, neither worked, well not properly.

Deleting A New Order confirmed that it was the problem, because the Aragwith now don't work, but this comes with it's own problems. Does this happen to anybody else?

putting yes instead of no simply made it occur when he hit instead of when he missed.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

There is no begin timing in your first frame, only a -. Perhaps this eats most your frames ?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ranger M wrote:Deleting A New Order confirmed that it was the problem, because the Aragwith now don't work, but this comes with it's own problems. Does this happen to anybody else?
What do you mean by "don't work"?
Ranger M wrote:putting yes instead of no simply made it occur when he hit instead of when he missed.
I would suggest just removing that line, so that it occurs both when he hits AND when he misses... unless there's some reason you only want it when he misses.

[edit]
a bit OT... does anyone know if Xan is still planning on doing the Frost Elves?
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:What do you mean by "don't work"?
No unit images, at all, and they still use short and long. I think that there is probably another campaign that uses them which is leaking into the imperial era, I just need to find it.
Noyga wrote:There is no begin timing in your first frame, only a -. Perhaps this eats most your frames ?
Thanks, this worked (I can't belive that I missed that out.) I'll commit that fix tomorrow along with another one or two changes.
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

turin wrote:a bit OT... does anyone know if Xan is still planning on doing the Frost Elves?
Well.. I'm going to college within the next two months, so I don't know if I'll have time. :?
"It is time people learned about their failures and my successes."