Help wanted with new campaign: the element of earth

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:
Ranger M wrote:*me never made connection between the Saracens (or whatever their current new name is) and the Aiyira*
That's because there is none. ;)

The mistake you made is assuming that the Aiyira go on the Great Continent, which they don't - they go on the OC.
*Is even more confused*

Where? Don't the Kedri live in the desert?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

You seem to have a spelling issue...

Aiyira = the Persian-like rivals of the Lavinians (on the OC) from 1200-900 BW.

Kedari = the descendants of the Aiyira, (on the OC) living from ~700 BW on.

Saracens = the people who live in the eastern desert (on the GC) from 130 YW (when Red the Black leads the remnants of the Wesfolk there) to 600 YW (when Mal-Ravanal takes over the area and turns it into a swamp). They may still exist past 600 YW, I'm not sure,
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:You seem to have a spelling issue...

Aiyira = the Persian-like rivals of the Lavinians (on the OC) from 1200-900 BW.

Kedari = the descendants of the Aiyira, (on the OC) living from ~700 BW on.

Saracens = the people who live in the eastern desert (on the GC) from 130 YW (when Red the Black leads the remnants of the Wesfolk there) to 600 YW (when Mal-Ravanal takes over the area and turns it into a swamp). They may still exist past 600 YW, I'm not sure,
Ah, so the kedari and the Aiyira are the same people, but at different times. Does this mean that they will have seperate eras in the imperial era download? (when the Aiyira get made)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ranger M wrote:Ah, so the kedari and the Aiyira are the same people, but at different times. Does this mean that they will have seperate eras in the imperial era download? (when the Aiyira get made)
Either that, or I will remove the Kedari (the graphics are sub-par, the faction lacks cohesiveness and their role has been somewhat superceded by the Saracens) and consign their art to the Graphics Library.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:Either that, or I will remove the Kedari (the graphics are sub-par, the faction lacks cohesiveness and their role has been somewhat superceded by the Saracens) and consign their art to the Graphics Library.
Surely some of their art could be re-used in the making of the Aiyira if this happens?

BTW, how can their role have been superceded by the Saracens if the Saracens live on the great continent, and the kedari on the old continent.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ranger M wrote:BTW, how can their role have been superceded by the Saracens if the Saracens live on the great continent, and the kedari on the old continent.
Their role as in they are both basically based on the Arab and Persian armies of the post-Muhammed era, but the Saracens does it better.
The World of Orbivm
Anyar

Post by Anyar »

Ranger M wrote:
turin wrote:Either that, or I will remove the Kedari (the graphics are sub-par, the faction lacks cohesiveness and their role has been somewhat superceded by the Saracens) and consign their art to the Graphics Library.
Surely some of their art could be re-used in the making of the Aiyira if this happens?

BTW, how can their role have been superceded by the Saracens if the Saracens live on the great continent, and the kedari on the old continent.
The Airiya and the kedari don't share many similar units, so art being reused isnt very probable.
Even as the fingers of the two hands are equal, so are human beings equal to one another. No one has any right, nor any preference to claim over another. You are brothers. - Muhammed
earthmage

Post by earthmage »

K that problem is solved but my idea of the sauns could it work in the way i descrived it or would it be a to hard adjustment in wesnothian hitory?

Greets
He's the only one of his kind.
He masters earth.
He's the earth mage