Race discussion---

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Nagas have two different races if you count cave nagas. The Naga Depthstalker would probably be the only L2 for that race. P.S. the art is still there in the link from my profile if you want to use it!
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
JW

Post by JW »

I liked that art, Sapient.
Steelclad Brian

Post by Steelclad Brian »

Does Wesnoth have an Underdark? Because between Cave Nagas, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Trolls it's getting crowded down there.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Steelclad Brian wrote:Does Wesnoth have an Underdark? Because between Cave Nagas, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Trolls it's getting crowded down there.
A what now?

BTW, just because someone makes a faction doesn't mean it actually exists in the WoW. We just haven't determined who has jurisdiction over that... I nominate myself. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

turin wrote:
Steelclad Brian wrote:Does Wesnoth have an Underdark? Because between Cave Nagas, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Trolls it's getting crowded down there.
A what now?

BTW, just because someone makes a faction doesn't mean it actually exists in the WoW. We just haven't determined who has jurisdiction over that... I nominate myself. ;)
I second that! :)
NO FOG is certain - Elvish Pillager
Campaign: Revenge of the Elves http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11477
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:I nominate myself. ;)
That's illegal. The seconding is nulled accordingly. :P
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

A wesnoth underworld WOULD be cool, though, you gotta agree. It's deep underground somewhere, and has caverns as big as cities and tunnels reaching all the way beneath the ocean from GC to GI to OC...accessible from surface at a few points, i.e. Knalga, West Mountains on OC, and a few other places. Hmmm... campaign fodder anyone?
hey.
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

JW wrote:
turin wrote:I nominate myself. ;)
That's illegal. The seconding is nulled accordingly. :P
fine then:
I nominate turin :P
Campaign: Revenge of the Elves http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11477
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I veto.

Motion to form a Council of Regulars which will regulate and adapt background pieces pretending to be part of wesnothian history. Era, Factions of these Eras, and Campaign creators/authors should be among the most obvious choices for this.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:I veto.

Motion to form a Council of Regulars which will regulate and adapt background pieces pretending to be part of wesnothian history. Era, Factions of these Eras, and Campaign creators/authors should be among the most obvious choices for this.
I second that motion

I nominate turin for a postition on the council
Jester

Post by Jester »

Heh, then I will nominate JW (gotta balance that council a bit).
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Alks

Post by Alks »

I nominate Dragon Master.

With JW and turin on both sides, he will make this council fall.

But, if we are to be serious, then forming sort of Wesnoth canon would be a nice idea. It would come with dividing the Faction & Era Contributions on Approved Eras/Factions and Unofficial E/F.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

:P Now, I sit back and watch the chaos I have created...

But in all seriousness, I don't have any idea what a good way to decide what is "official" is. A council is an OK idea, but...
Flametrooper wrote:A wesnoth underworld WOULD be cool, though, you gotta agree. It's deep underground somewhere, and has caverns as big as cities and tunnels reaching all the way beneath the ocean from GC to GI to OC...accessible from surface at a few points, i.e. Knalga, West Mountains on OC, and a few other places. Hmmm... campaign fodder anyone?
Actually, it might already be required that there be such a thing. Remember The Rise of Wesnoth? In that campaign, orcs are somehow transported from the Old Contiennt to the Green Isle, and I think it mentions caves...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
unsung

Post by unsung »

I prefer that a decent number of species be made, and then several variants for them. After all, no species would be united-unless it specifically was made to be.
turin wrote::P Now, I sit back and watch the chaos I have created...

But in all seriousness, I don't have any idea what a good way to decide what is "official" is. A council is an OK idea, but...
Why not create a poll where you can only give your opinion and cann't comment on those of others (like daves threat at 1.0 for coming up with new abilities) to get the general opinion of the community, then create a thread in devloper discossuions for the forum regulars, contributors, and developers to make the actual decisions? You make less people angry that way, and you get the advantage of not having everyone decide.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

One of the problems with creating completely new races, is that many of the ideas for them are opposed and many are never made. I think of the hafling and ratling races in particular.