Campaign: Fall of Silvium

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Here's what I'll do - reduce it to two castle tiles, and make it so all of your starting units are level 2, and make the scenario start on second watch. I don't want to remove septus triptus, though.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

And I've released 0.1.4, which does what I said in my previous past AND, more importantly, fixes a critical bug in the second scenario that gave the bad guy infinite gold...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
kiet

Post by kiet »

Okay,this is my replay of the second scenario.I let the leader at the wall die since he proved to be useful slowing down enemies and it wasn´t mean that he was suppose to live either.
The objective was to force him to surrender,but when I tried to kill him just to see what that happens,I won.
How wierd,and I was wondering how you can make him surrendering.
Is this how it is suppose to be,turin?
Attachments
The_Raid_replay.zip
The replay of the second scenario
(15.69 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

kiet wrote:Okay,this is my replay of the second scenario.I let the leader at the wall die since he proved to be useful slowing down enemies and it wasn´t mean that he was suppose to live either.
The objective was to force him to surrender,but when I tried to kill him just to see what that happens,I won.
How wierd,and I was wondering how you can make him surrendering.
Is this how it is suppose to be,turin?
Uh... In a roundabout way, yes. But you should have gotten a dialogue explaining stuff first...

I know what to do, though.
The World of Orbivm
kiet

Post by kiet »

turin wrote:1.1.3 is released; it should be much more balanced on the first scenario, and the second scenario is playable. The third scenario will probably start if you reach it, but I have no idea if it will work or not, and it is probably horribly unbalanced...
And the question is answered,it didn´t start.
But good work so far apart from the bugs.
tsr

Post by tsr »

In the second scenario, I had to kill to maraudeur (sp?), shouldn't s/he give up when all his units are killed?
[edit]The above is what happens when you dont refresh! Me, late?[/edit]

The first scenario is now a little bit harder, good!

There's a bug in the third scenario, the maps name is 3_...., not 1_... as it sais in the cfg-file (line 20)

/tsr
Last edited by tsr on June 7th, 2006, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

tsr wrote:In the second scenario, I had to kill to maraudeur (sp?), shouldn't s/he give up when all his units are killed?
The event appears not to be firing. I'll upload a fixed version.
tsr wrote:The first scenario is now a little bit harder, good!
Good.

I'm going to go upload 0.1.4... it will fix the problem with scenario 2, and will allow scenario 3 to start. I have no idea if it is winnable or not...
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Hmm, another campaign by Turin? This is what, the fifth?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Hmm, another campaign by Turin? This is what, the fifth?
Fourth, plus the Imperial Era. I have another one planned, but it is nowhere near done. ;)
The World of Orbivm
l'ultimo cruco

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

turin wrote:
I'm going to go upload 0.1.4... it will fix the problem with scenario 2, and will allow scenario 3 to start. I have no idea if it is winnable or not...
From where I have to restart to get to scenario 3?
Just the second scenario or the whole thing over?
Reloading a save from within the second scenario doesn't do the trick:
error map not found :(

By the way nice campaign so far. The second scenario has a very good map. Thanks
Iome

Post by Iome »

l'ultimo cruco wrote:
turin wrote:

By the way nice campaign so far. The second scenario has a very good map. Thanks
[OT]Ora ci tocca tirar fuori "the decline of Romano" per parcondicio :)

ciao :wink:

Lorenzo[/OT]
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

l'ultimo cruco wrote:
turin wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. If you saved the game when it prompted you to for scenario 3, then it crashed when it tried to load the scenario, you should be able to just load that save.

BTW, was lome speaking italian?
The World of Orbivm
Iome

Post by Iome »

Yes, stavo parlando in italiano :D
Last edited by Iome on June 8th, 2006, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'ultimo cruco

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

turin wrote: I'm not sure what you mean. If you saved the game when it prompted you to for scenario 3, then it crashed when it tried to load the scenario, you should be able to just load that save.

BTW, was lome speaking italian?
That's what I'm doing, or even reload the last turn and kill the marauder leader once more, but I always get a map not found error.
I'm using 1.1.4

if you don't have suggestions I'll try to start over from the beginning, even if I hate the idea.
lome was speaking italian probably incoraged by my italian nickname+my location+your campaign topic...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I see.

Before you restart the campaign, try re-downloading the campaign. I think I might have uploaded a fixed version that was also labeled 0.1.4 (although it should have been 0.1.5.)
The World of Orbivm