The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Post by JW »

Hehe, only 4 playable right now.
kiet

Post by kiet »

good game that was,just remember to balance them a bit and make sure to make the werewolves chaotic since as far as I´ve seen,they seem to rule at day instead,at least against shifters. :lol:
Jester

Post by Jester »

kiet wrote:good game that was,just remember to balance them a bit and make sure to make the werewolves chaotic since as far as I´ve seen,they seem to rule at day instead,at least against shifters. :lol:
Werewolf alignments should be:
Stalker line; chaotic
Werewolf line; neutral
Wolf Cub line; neutral
Shapeshifter line; lawfull
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Even though it isy your faction and your descision, Jester, I think they should be almost all chaotic, certainly no lawful. It's just that werewolves are so often associated with the moon and night, having a lawful or even neutral werewolf would really confuse people.
hey.
JW

Post by JW »

The Shapeshifter line of the Werewolves has been changed to Neutral. I'm not sure it's necessary to make the Werewolf Chaotic, but that would be the only other alignment that might throw people off. The Wolf Cub is an animal so Neutral as appropriate, and teh Shapeshifter is a human that transforms into an animal - much like the 3 Neutral Shifter units with the same ability. The Stalker line is already Chaotic as well. I think Neutral is fine for the Werewolf unit. If everyone hates it we might re-examine it, but I think it's fine.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Whence the assumption that the shapeshifter being human means he can't be chaotic? The dark adept is chaotic, and the criminal units are all chaotic...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:Whence the assumption that the shapeshifter being human means he can't be chaotic? The dark adept is chaotic, and the criminal units are all chaotic...
I equate it more to the fact that he transforms into an animal - and I see animals as generally being neutral.

ps, stop double-posting everywhere. =p

-edit-

oh good, you took care of it as I typed. :)
JW

Post by JW »

Thanks very much to Anyar for his help in getting the Era of Myths onto the campaign server. :) :) :)
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Sweet! *goes to download*
hey.
JW

Post by JW »

Alright, now that this is publicly released I feel an immense urge to update it frequently to get it perfect. If I rush ahead and create an assload of .cfgs in the night you'll have to forgive me.

I'm also going to be reorganizing and balancing the Elementals tonight.

Check out the Shifters with their new graphics.

man, this is pretty exciting for me. 8)
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

You made a typo in the Era_of_Myths.cfg it should be "{@campaigns/Era_of_Myths/EOM_Era.cfg}".
Notice the upper case E. There maybe more such case sensitivity issues that you wouldn't notice with your lame case insensitive filesystem. :P
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
JW

Post by JW »

Soliton wrote:You made a typo in the Era_of_Myths.cfg it should be "{@campaigns/Era_of_Myths/EOM_Era.cfg}".
Notice the upper case E. There maybe more such case sensitivity issues that you wouldn't notice with your lame case insensitive filesystem. :P
Wow. So I did. It didn't give me any problems though - did it screw up your game?

ps, capitalization will become more standardized through Beta. :P
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:Wow. So I did. It didn't give me any problems though - did it screw up your game?
For some dumb-*** reason, Windows is case insensitive... but most other systems are not. So you won't notice bugs that will make the era unplayable on mac and linux...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

odd, as I'm a Windows user and it works fine for me.
:?:
How odd.

I'll try to standardize it a little more and put up Alpha 4 today.

-oops you said INsensitive :oops: -
Last edited by JW on June 7th, 2006, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:odd, as I'm a Windows user and it works fine for me.
:?:
No, that's the point. It will work fine for Windows users, because windows is case insensitive - it does not make a difference on windows whether you refer to a file as EOM_Era.cfg, eom_era.cfg, or EoM_eRa.cfg. It does make a different on other OSs, though. If you refer to a file as eom_era.cfg, but the file is named EOM_Era.cfg, my OS will not know what file you are trying to refer to.
The World of Orbivm