Saracens v0.1.6

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hellrider

Post by Hellrider »

In my opinion the game was enough close and luck was pretty even till the last turns.. I have to say I'm not a 1v1 player and i haven't played with Saracens many games (not more than 10) so you can say Saracens are a bit overpowered against dwarves but one test is not enough.. You should try playing with different players in different maps too :wink: :P
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Yogin2 wrote:Here's a dwarf v. saracens 016 replay to look at.
I am having trouble opening the replay... it can't open "Saracens Mixed Fighter 2". I reinstalled the most recent version from April 23rd already.

I was wondering if the "load replay" function only sees default era? I have no clue why, but I can't load another replay (this time missing Saracens Archer 2) using default_dev 0.16 either.

Clueless!
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Wintermute wrote:I was wondering if the "load replay" function only sees default era? I have no clue why, but I can't load another replay (this time missing Saracens Archer 2) using default_dev 0.16 either.
You probably need to load it from Multiplayer -> Human vs AI -> Load Game...
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Soliton wrote:
Wintermute wrote:I was wondering if the "load replay" function only sees default era? I have no clue why, but I can't load another replay (this time missing Saracens Archer 2) using default_dev 0.16 either.
You probably need to load it from Multiplayer -> Human vs AI -> Load Game...
It still doesn't work, but I get a different message: No sides available.

???
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

ok this is version 0.16b

Noy and I did some major cosmetic work last night to get this stuff rolling towards release. Here is the default dev folder with updated files. 1 new lvl 2 unit, 1 new lvl 3 unit (with art :) ).

Hope everyone likes it. I playtested it and everything worked great for me. I did make the new units recruitable so people can take a look, they will be made unrecuitable agains in .17 or whatever.

Have a good day

-Bec

CHANGELOG

v0.16b
-temporarily made Elite Ghazi and Ghaznid recruitable so that they can be more easily looked at.
- changed all saracen references to Kalifa
- rewrote all unit descriptions
- changed most unit names
* MF = Ahadath
* MF2 = Ghazi
* MF3 = NEW UNIT Elite Ghazi
* A = Rami
* A2 = Rami al Nuri
* H = Ekim
* H2 = Ekim Haram
* F2 = Falcon Elder
* HA = Karadis
* GA = Ghulam al Rami
* HF = Amir
* IV = Alif
* EF = Mubarizan
* G2 = NEW UNIT Ghaznid

- added new unit "Ghaznid" lvl 2 upgrade of lvl 1 Ghulam 26-1, 9-3, 50hp
- added new unit "Elite Ghazi" lvl 3 upgrade of Ghazi (MF2) 8-4/8-4, 65hp
- Increased Rami (Archer) melee to 6-1 from 5-1
- Increased Mamluk melee to 6-2 from 5-2
- Changed Ghulam al Rami's melee weapon to a mace 7-3 (rather than spear and cavalry sword)
Attachments
Default_dev.zip
here is the new folder to replace 0.16 default_dev folder in you data/campaigns folder.
(95.93 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Forgot to add to changlog that I changed the archer ghulam png a little bit and created a ghulam png since one did not exist and it was just a duplicate.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Kalifa 0.16c

Post by Becephalus »

- minor changes to some art
- 2 new lvl 3 units
- Immortal lvl 3 HI (Alif upgrade) 70hp 14-3, 10-3, 12-2
- Life Guard lvl 3 HC (Ghaznid upgrade) 65hp 26-2 14-3

- Changed it so all new units are selectable as leaders (instead of recruitable), for quicker evaluation
Attachments
Default_dev.zip
(109.91 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Last edited by Becephalus on May 29th, 2006, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Updated some of the art, after yogin saw some changes he would like. So the download is new again! lol
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Becephalus wrote:Updated some of the art, after yogin saw some changes he would like. So the download is new again! lol
Curses! I just downloaded it too :P
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Download doesn't contain the .cfg file. That is a problem, right?
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Well as it was meant to be an update to the previous download, no. Just download that one first and than paste this one over. Easy peasy.

And get your ass online winter, I am back from the store!
Evilstein

Post by Evilstein »

The cost of "infantry veteran-Arif" is 18, idem for immortal.

and Glaznid, rami al nuri and life guard are lv1 unit...instead of 2,2 and 3.

Great faction, i love it !!! Now i have to test it in the battlefield.
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

Team colored saracens images for levels 1 and 2. There might be a few problems with them, since I didn't test them.
Attachments
saracens_images_lvl1and2_tc.zip
(38.2 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
"It is time people learned about their failures and my successes."