Wesnoth 1.1.3

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Is anyone else getting these problems with 1.1.3?
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

yes zhukov. ALso I noticed trying to start a UTBS campaign crashes wesnoth.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Mythological wrote:I am using Win XP and I have the zlib1.dll problem
Still, following the FM's advice did the trick
Thanks, Fricken Moron :wink:
same here. I never thought that a fricken moron would be my hero, but I guess I was wrong :P

Thanks Yogi Bear for the quick windows binaries!

EDIT:
Becephalus wrote:ALso I noticed trying to start a UTBS campaign crashes wesnoth.
Same. Looks like some missing files?
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Pater-Brown

Post by Pater-Brown »

Why is the autosave-function changed? Or is this a bug, if it saves to beginning of a round and sometimes even this not?
Jack the Ripper

Post by Jack the Ripper »

Do anyone know when a bugfixed v1.1.3 will come out for windows?
Entrimo

Woo.

Post by Entrimo »

Yay, after some problems it finally works. Thanks frickenmoron. :)
Well, I got another error, when i try to start a multiplayer game, the game freezes. Even if I take "Hotseat Game" or "Human vs AI" it still hangs. I dont get any errors or something, it just freezes, and I have to use ctrl-alt-del to exit.
You don't need a reason to quote people.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Mythological wrote:1,2,3 same as Zhukov
The sound mixer problem ( solution - use the one from 1.1.2a )
Else, the skip replay button is bugged for me - if I turn it on, all the moves in the game, not just in the replay will be without animation, that is without the posibility for me to see them ( I can hear the attack sounds though )
The scenario with the statues is bugged
I cant see some people's messages son the screen, nor the labes they set
Slow glitched one of the units in the hotseat game that I had with my sister yesterday ( I am not sure whether I should report that as a bug, cause it has hapened only once )
Also, the delay of the shroud updates doesnt work
Last edited by Mythological on May 28th, 2006, 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
kiet

Post by kiet »

Zhukov wrote:Is anyone else getting these problems with 1.1.3?
You betcha! :lol:
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Bleh. Not sounding good. Wondering if I should even download this version...
YbeRn00b

Re: Woo.

Post by YbeRn00b »

Entrimo wrote:I got another error, when i try to start a multiplayer game, the game freezes. Even if I take "Hotseat Game" or "Human vs AI" it still hangs. I dont get any errors or something, it just freezes, and I have to use ctrl-alt-del to exit.
Um, here it also seem to "freeze" but it just hangs for a while, and after ~30 seconds I get where I wanted...
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Pater-Brown wrote:Why is the autosave-function changed? Or is this a bug, if it saves to beginning of a round and sometimes even this not?
Yeah, that's something else I noticed. It seems to save at either the start of turns or somewhere in the middle, also it only does this every three turns or so. I can't find any mention of of changes to Autosave in the Changelog. Does that mean it is a bug?

If it is a feature then it would be good if it was explained how it works, just so we know what we're dealing with.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

It autosaves every 4 turns, and also adds a "revert to turn x" menu item. It can't autosave every turn because this would probably take up too much space.
Anyar

Post by Anyar »

ILikeProgramming wrote:It autosaves every 4 turns, and also adds a "revert to turn x" menu item. It can't autosave every turn because this would probably take up too much space.
How would it take up too much space? Do autosaves not replace previous autosaves now?
Even as the fingers of the two hands are equal, so are human beings equal to one another. No one has any right, nor any preference to claim over another. You are brothers. - Muhammed
rusty
Inactive Developer

New Autosave behaviour

Post by rusty »

Zhukov wrote:
Pater-Brown wrote:Why is the autosave-function changed? Or is this a bug, if it saves to beginning of a round and sometimes even this not?
Yeah, that's something else I noticed. It seems to save at either the start of turns or somewhere in the middle, also it only does this every three turns or so. I can't find any mention of of changes to Autosave in the Changelog. Does that mean it is a bug?

If it is a feature then it would be good if it was explained how it works, just so we know what we're dealing with.
Sorry, I implemented this (see feature https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?func=det ... em_id=5413 ). I have now also updated changelog (will be in 1.1.4): thanks for reminder!

Behaviour is: save at start of every 3rd turn (1, 4, 7 etc). These appear in the menu. You can still save explicitly, of course, but this reflects a general balance between minimizing player frustration and yet not encouraging reloading over and over to get "lucky".

Autosaves get deleted whenever you load a non-autosave game, otherwise they just get overwritten by same turn on next scenario. So you can use go Load Game to (say) go back to turn 7 of previous scenario if you're on turn 3 of the new one and realize you made a mistake.

Hope that clarifies!
Rusty.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Ah, I think I get it now. That gets rid of a few gripes I had with the old system.