nonsense about MP versions relating to Undead strats

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DimWit

Post by DimWit »

Stable (1.0.x branch)
Dev version isn't considered .... when talking strats.... since 99.9% of players play on stable.... :wink:

That is for players that spend more time playing multiplayer than chatting in forums... :roll:

which gives +10 to blade res....
and -10 impact....
doing impact damage they are alot better than skels during the day...(1v1) at night its a close toss up of (2v1) where skels cost the price of 3 WC's except WC's lack the upkeep costs...
Last edited by DimWit on May 6th, 2006, 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

DimWit wrote:
Stable (1.0.x branch)
Dev version isn't considered .... when talking strats.... since 99.9% of players play on stable.... :wink:
I'm sorry, but have you even looked at the pole in the users forum?

Currently:

SVN 6
1.1.2 24
1.0.2 1
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Forgot to mention: the topic was split over to this one, no posts deleted.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

*sigh*
Looks like we need another cleanup.

Dimwit, just stop it.

I don't know what warrents a ban around here...
DimWit

Post by DimWit »

must resist talking about what warrants a ban :lol:
sorry i am done 8)

ps: Zoo moved that over half the post to the new post not other ... than ranger brought the topic over there :) hey its about the posts above
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I don't know what warrents a ban around here...
We can always call Assassin. Maybe get draconian and put him in charge of bans for everyone with less than x posts, how often does he forum nowadays anyway?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
JW

Post by JW »

DimWit wrote:Dev version isn't considered .... when talking strats.... since 99.9% of players play on stable.... :wink:

That is for players that spend more time playing multiplayer than chatting in forums... :roll:
That should read: "The stable version is for people who spend more time playing a less balanced version of Wesnoth with out of date stats than chatting in forums."

I'll let Turin get the last words on this topic:
turin wrote:Well, no offense, but if you're using 1.0, which you probably are if [Thugs] are in your version, your input on balancing, bugs, feature requests, and basically everything is nearly worthless. That's one of the downsides of using the stable version.
Disto

Post by Disto »

JW wrote:
DimWit wrote:Dev version isn't considered .... when talking strats.... since 99.9% of players play on stable.... :wink:

That should read: "The stable version is for people who spend more time playing a less balanced version of Wesnoth with out of date stats than chatting in forums."

I'll let Turin get the last words on this topic:
turin wrote:Well, no offense, but if you're using 1.0, which you probably are if [Thugs] are in your version, your input on balancing, bugs, feature requests, and basically everything is nearly worthless. That's one of the downsides of using the stable version.
I think partly the reason people mostly play 1.0.2 is they don't need to upgrade. Before you'd be forced to if you wanted to play multiplayer. Could we put a message up about 1.1.2 on the server too.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Disto wrote:Could we put a message up about 1.1.2 on the server too.
Development releases are mentioned in the motd (message of the day) since their existance.

In general argueing the balance of the stable version is pointless as it's obsolete for any development concerns.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Disto

Post by Disto »

Soliton wrote:
Disto wrote:Could we put a message up about 1.1.2 on the server too.
Development releases are mentioned in the motd (message of the day) since their existance.

In general argueing the balance of the stable version is pointless as it's obsolete for any development concerns.
Oh fine.

PS. I know what motd is (I run my own server too (not for wesnoth) well not MY own, but I do the admin..... I'll shut up now.)
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth