2v2 replays archive

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

olof

2v2 replays archive

Post by olof »

there is a 1v1 archive, now, we'd like to have a 2v2...

i begin with a liliputh 2v2 very good game, with surprises, settings 30% exp, 2g/v, 50 gold at beginning, players :

1 olof loyalist team 1
2 ihsan loyalist team 2
3 dark beer adept (and elvish presley when he left) northermer team 2
4 hyrokin elf team 1
Attachments
Liliputh 2v2 replay.zip
(14.58 KiB) Downloaded 1483 times
Last edited by olof on December 8th, 2007, 11:55 am, edited 11 times in total.
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Now thats some good MP players there! Although I can't open up the archive :(
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Noy is right -- at the time of writing this, the attachment is 22 bytes in size. I know file compression can yield dramatic gains, but 22 bytes isn't even enough for the ZIP file directory.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
olof

Post by olof »

well, i changed it, now it should work :oops:
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

After a week of games that I thought would be great replay material but falling flat when it disconnects or everybody forgets to save, here is a game between Pikel + Moi vs Elvish Pillager +Nobody/Swordfodder. Not a great game, but something to watch.

I don't like this map so much... I think the left side is completely unbalanced if one player is rebels (as you will see).
Attachments
Pillars_of_Eepiath_replay.zip
(20.25 KiB) Downloaded 1143 times
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Noy wrote:I don't like this map so much... I think the left side is completely unbalanced if one player is rebels (as you will see).
Well, the rebels's opponents can arrange it so that the rebels have only one point of attack, as they did do in this game. Then they can attack up the middle and/or divert forces to the right side, neither of which they did in this game. It's a matter of strategy.

The map is still under construction. I would have found it helpful if you had mentioned that during the game so we could discuss it more fully. As it is I will be reducing the forest somewhat (since you can't expect just anyone to know the perfect strategy...)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

A nice 2v2 match on Clash:

Jiriskus (Knalgan) and Jami (Elves)
vs
yogibear (Elves) and Invasor/Neo SK/Volrath/yogibear (Elves)

There are two parts of the replay because we had to save the game in between. My allies have been a little, uhm, unreliable one could say.

Enjoy a game of missing mages, hitting thunderers, unlucky gryphons and almost invincible elvish archers... :D
Attachments
2v2 Jiriskus_Jami.zip
(41.33 KiB) Downloaded 1005 times
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

2v2 on Clash yogibear (Loyalists, Drakes) against Cain (Knalgan, Knalgan)

This is probably the most joyful game i ever played :) . Basically it is more like 1v1 with every player having two factions since our allies left us early (turn 3 and 6).
Tributes to Cain again for having such a good gaming night. I don't want to remember the next morning though, after going to bed at 4 am and having less than 3 hours of sleep :?. But hey, the game was worth it :D .
Attachments
Cain.zip
(23.67 KiB) Downloaded 1089 times
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Elvish_Pillager

[05:27am] Elvish_Pillager: I ought to be on the Wesnoth server more, pwning people with Undead
[05:27am] Elvish_Pillager: :/
[05:27am] Elvish_Pillager: everyone thinks they're underpowered, for some reason...

30 minutes later:
Attachments
4p_-_Olof`s_Liliputh_4c_replay_-_Undead.zip
(19.47 KiB) Downloaded 1093 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
kiet

Post by kiet »

The only bad thing is that you died in the last turn :lol:
Elvish_Pillager

kiet wrote:The only bad thing is that you died in the last turn :lol:
It was worth it, it makes it a more classy game. :wink:
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

*chuckles with glee*
appleide

Post by appleide »

That was funny ;-)
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
kiet

Post by kiet »

*signs*
What if I had killed Tomsik :twisted:
Elvish_Pillager

kiet wrote:*signs*
What if I had killed Tomsik :twisted:
Then I would have been much more careful with my leader...

p.s.: why is nobody commenting who wasn't actually playing or observing the game?