Show unit resistances in the game window?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Tropico

Show unit resistances in the game window?

Post by Tropico »

Here's a simple idea that would speed up the gameplay for us newbies. .

I enjoy playing and learning about the different units a lot; however, it seems I spend a lot of time going into the Description screen many times over, not to read up on a particular unit, but just to review resistance / terrain information that I've seen many times but forgotten yet again.

So I'm thinking, you know the right hand column where you can see a little summary of the unit you're pointing at? That's an awesome thing to have and it speeds up the gameplay a lot for me, however, I think it would be even better if it would tell you the unit's resistances as well.

There's enough blank space for it (on my screen at least, don't knwo about any other resolutions).

Well just throwing that out there, I think it would improve the interface, and once I am familiar with the program a bit more I would probably try to implement it myself.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

If you select a unit and move your mouse over to a terrain, you can see what defence it has on that terrain.
If you select a unit and move your mouse over its attack type (looks like
Attack
#-#
impact/blade/etc.) you will see how much damage bonus it gets against all enemy units on the screen

hope that helps(in conclusion, you don't need the summary because of this)
Tropico

Post by Tropico »

Ohh I see... that's... even better :shock:

Never mind then, and thanks!
JW

Post by JW »

This has been suggested before and it met with a lukewarm reception.

There's a concern about space and necessity, although I think it would be a good idea if it fits without too much trouble.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

I know OAB, but I think it would be useful to have an option to display a unit information 'tooltip' dialog on mouseover of that unit. It would make it easier to quickly get a feel for all the active units capabilities.
jonathantan86

Post by jonathantan86 »

You can just press 'd' to bring up the Unit Description screen of the unit the mouse is currently hovering over, I believe. That's what my brother and I always do, especially when it's not our turn in MP (just to make sure of things).
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

jonathantan86 wrote:You can just press 'd' to bring up the Unit Description screen of the unit the mouse is currently hovering over, I believe. That's what my brother and I always do, especially when it's not our turn in MP (just to make sure of things).
True. But;
(a) that opens the help browser which blocks your view of everything else going on; and
(b) it requires knowing about the hotkeys.

I'm certainly not saying Wesnoth is broken without that functionality. I just think it would be useful to have, especially for newbies still getting the hang of the campaign.

And translucency would be nifty, so they could still see the terrain through it...