I wish there was censoring

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TinTin2

I wish there was censoring

Post by TinTin2 »

Im tired of people posting sware words :(
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Well, i can assure you, we don't like to see swearing at all here. If it gets personal and a moderator does notice it, it will be deleted. But everyone here is doing this as a volunteer and we can't be everywhere.

If you notice some severe misbehaving, send a private message to the moderators or stop by at the irc channel #wesnoth-dev on freenet.

Oh, and a warm welcome to the forum :) .
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

A profanity filter sounds like a good option, but people always find a way to work around those things.

The usual method of dealing with excessive profanity is to ask them politely to please stop, and if they continue-- kick them, ban them, ignore them, or (if it is very serious) report them to a developer.

To ban or kick someone (for example "FoulDude") you must be the host of the game. Enter the command mode by typing ':' (semicolon), then:

kick FoulDude -- kicks him out of the game
ban FoulDude -- kicks him out and keeps him from coming back

Or if you are not the host:

ignore FoulDude -- you won't see what he types!

Also, if someone is blatantly harrassing the other players, it might be a good idea to report them to a developer. You can do that by logging onto irc.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
TinTin2

Post by TinTin2 »

Yogi Bear wrote:Well, i can assure you, we don't like to see swearing at all here. If it gets personal and a moderator does notice it, it will be deleted. But everyone here is doing this as a volunteer and we can't be everywhere.

If you notice some severe misbehaving, send a private message to the moderators or stop by at the irc channel #wesnoth-dev on freenet.

Oh, and a warm welcome to the forum :) .
Im talking about online playing
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

I don't see a bloody problem with seeing swearing in the game. It's words, if your upset by words well then get a life beyond words, the swear words only have power since you freak out over them. The d word which I shain't mention for those sensitive ears is no worse then dang, darn, doodle-kins, or any other word you say in it's place. It's all meaning the same language wise, so if your offended by it go be offended by all subsitiutes otherwise your a hypocritical person. As the definition of f*** supposedly from Monty Python says, go out and use the words, loudly and proudly, for they are versatile as any word.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Tippsey, although you may view vulgraity as an abstract philosophical concept, I am grateful that you rescrict yourself out of respect to other members of the community. Thanks.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."