CampGen release

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

allefant
Units Database Administrator

CampGen release

Post by allefant »

The old thread wouldn't let me post anymore.. so here a new one. CampGen is a campaign generator written with wxpython, and aims to be an alternative to manual WML editing, for very simple campaigns.

This post is to announce the CampGen 0.13 alpha release, get it from here: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampGen

In theory, it should work under Unix, Windows and OSX - but I only did test it under Linux. Also note that even there this isn't tested much at all, but I've been hacking a few lines a week on it for months now since 0.12, so just wanted to do a release :)
appleide

Post by appleide »

.... I use mac os x, and the computer came with wxpython 2.5.3, which was not enough. I went to the website, their latest binary was wxpython 2.4... and I am not capable of compiling anything successfully... So it would seem I'll never be able to use campgen :cry:
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
scott

Post by scott »

Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
allefant

Post by allefant »

After more than two months of development time, here's a new release of CampGen (actually, I only worked on it a bit in the last days :) ):

As always it's here:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampGen

Changes from previous version:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampGen/OldVersions

Screenshot:
JW

Post by JW »

Much <3 :)

Keep the releases coming. =)
allefant

Post by allefant »

JW wrote:Keep the releases coming. =)
Well, you asked for it, so hereby I announce release 0.15 :) (Links are the same as above..)
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

A small tip to all who're missing certain features in CampGen - if you provide a mockup or at least a good description for the gui part, you'll have much better chances to see it in the next release. It's rather easy - I managed it without ever having used CampGen myself. :D
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Fynmiir

Post by Fynmiir »

I tried making some stuff on this a while back, is there any way to keep those names from coming up on the initial screen?
allefant

Post by allefant »

You mean on the welcome screen? It's wxwidget's file history - it will always contain the latest 10 opened campaigns. I can add a menu entry "clear file history" to clear it.
Fynmiir

Post by Fynmiir »

Yep, its that, thanks :wink:
allefant

Post by allefant »

Hum, well, I went somewhat crazy, and version 0.16 is out now :)

In theory, the version of Orcish Incursion on the dev campaign server is now all built with CampGen (only in theory, since it was imported, not created from scratch). I added a placeholder title picture, a map, and story parts which show your path on all scenarios. The latter would probably have been quite somewhat more tedious with WML :)
allefant

Post by allefant »

JW

Post by JW »

You're such a stud.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

I just downloaded CampGen to see what it was like, and I was wondering--Can you load .cfg files that you started making manually?
xtifr

Post by xtifr »

Skizzaltix wrote:I just downloaded CampGen to see what it was like, and I was wondering--Can you load .cfg files that you started making manually?
You can try, but there is a very good chance it will trash them. Make sure you back them up before attempting this.

In general, it's probably easier to start over with Campgen, and then cut-and-paste from your old files into it (this is what I ended up doing).

edit: just to be clear here--make sure you back up ALL your campaign files before attempting to load the campaign into Campgen. If you still feel like making the attempt.
"When a man is tired of Ankh-Morpork, he is tired of ankle-deep slurry" -- Catroaster

Legal, free live music: Surf Coasters at Double Down Saloon, Las Vegas on 2005-03-06. Tight, high-energy Japanese Surf-Rock.