Eastern Invasion

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Loriel

Post by Loriel »

turin wrote:All right, and here is another release. This time it is 0.3.1.

changes:
new scenario Lake Vrug
fixed Orcish Training scenario so you can recruit Young Ogres at the end of it
balanced Elven Alliance, Northern Outpost, Two Paths and Tribal Warfare
I think you need to add a small file in the scenarios directory, containing :

Code: Select all

{scenarios/Eastern_Invasion}
to ensure that the new directory structure works. Otherwise the new files will not be recognised.
See the corresponding file data/scenarios/Son_Of_The_Black_Eye.cfg from Benj's Orcish campaign for an example.
If you use the name Eastern_Invasion.cfg for the file, it will overwrite the old file of the same name, and reduce the problems from name clashes with files from previous versions.

Initial reactions:
I prefer this directory structure, which splits the scenarios by campaign (subject to transitional problems - ie potential clashes with old files in different locations).

Introductory story and map make the campaign look more "finished".
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

yeah...OK. i saw that i had to change the structure, but i forgot that i also had to change that file. :) it will be fixed soon, for anyone who doesn't know how to do it themselves.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
nerex

Post by nerex »

training the ogres is bugged for me.. i downloaded the newest version of the eastern invasion campaign, and when i sucessfully have 2 ogres on the grass at the end of 6 turns i get the message "you have been defeated" ;_; and it was hard enough to get them not to kill my weak mage...

what to do? Oo
---
"meow" - nerex
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

nerex wrote:training the ogres is bugged for me.. i downloaded the newest version of the eastern invasion campaign, and when i sucessfully have 2 ogres on the grass at the end of 6 turns i get the message "you have been defeated" ;_; and it was hard enough to get them not to kill my weak mage...

what to do? Oo
---
"meow" - nerex
um...OK, that works for me, i don't know what the problem is.
first of all, which version of wesnoth do you have?
have you messed with the game very much?

i really have no idea why this is happening. :(
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Can you submit a saved game right before you get the "You have been defeated" message?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Fulcan

Last available scenario doesn't have victory condition

Post by Fulcan »

The Lake Vrug scenario doesn't seem to have a victory condition. I got the leader to both ending points of the path before the turns ran out, but nothing happened. When I looked through the scenario file, I didn't see an ending point.

This is the latest version of the campaign, but it was started 3 scenarios before that last one using a saved game from before.

I had fun playing through all the scenarios so far. Thanks!
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Last available scenario doesn't have victory condition

Post by turin »

Fulcan wrote:The Lake Vrug scenario doesn't seem to have a victory condition. I got the leader to both ending points of the path before the turns ran out, but nothing happened. When I looked through the scenario file, I didn't see an ending point.

This is the latest version of the campaign, but it was started 3 scenarios before that last one using a saved game from before.

I had fun playing through all the scenarios so far. Thanks!
um...yeah. :oops:

that scenario i wrote in 30 minutes before i released and didn't really test at all. there are many bugs in it, most notably the one you found that won't let you win. expect it fixed soon.
The World of Orbivm
Insinuator

More Bugs

Post by Insinuator »

I have version 0.7.5 of Wesnoth and 3.1 for Loyalist campaign. One of the bugs was the one mentioned by Fulcan, an exceedingly frustrating one, but I do not believe the others have been mentioned.

First of all, on Northern Outpost, the Undead are my allies! And also, the "scared" troops of Owaec's army fight as soon as a unit gets close enough (not sure if this was a bug or not, but it doesn't fit the intro dialogue).

The second minor bug was when the Undead reinforcements arrive on Lake Vrug. When they first appear, the Lich is standing at what appears to be a gaping maw, or a black hole, and the units around him appear on flat, gray tiles.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

huh? undead re-inforcements never arrive on Lake Vrug. you might be thinking of 'the crossing'. and yes, i know what your talking about.

huh? the undead are your allies? i'll have to look into that- they've always been MY enemies.

and yes, Owaecs troops are not supposed to fight, but it's impossible, i have learned, to stop them.
The World of Orbivm
mlangsdorf

Post by mlangsdorf »

Have you tried lowering the Aggression levels of that side's AI? You should be able to adjust it.

Post by Guest »

mlangsdorf wrote:Have you tried lowering the Aggression levels of that side's AI? You should be able to adjust it.
hm...no, i haven't tried that. whenever i mess with agression, it actually doesn't seem to do much. right now they are on guardian mode, so it is unlikely i can get them less agressive. AFAIK, agression only controlls how much they move to their enemy. once they can get there, they always attack.

also, i don't think its that bad that the spearmen attack. the idea is, once you get there, they get braver. i might introduce some dialogue to convey that idea.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

heh... me. :oops:
The World of Orbivm
LibrarianBrent

Post by LibrarianBrent »

Bug in "Northern Outpost":
After the dialogue and my first turn, the game crashes when I end.
Wesnoth: It's poetry in motion...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

LibrarianBrent wrote:Bug in "Northern Outpost":
i keep on getting problems with this scenario....but it works fine for me. :(

can you send me the save game so i can see what happened? also, you should probably restart if you started the campaign over 2 weeks ago, since changes have been made since then.
The World of Orbivm
Yoshiki

Post by Yoshiki »

turin wrote:
LibrarianBrent wrote:Bug in "Northern Outpost":
i keep on getting problems with this scenario....but it works fine for me. :(

can you send me the save game so i can see what happened? also, you should probably restart if you started the campaign over 2 weeks ago, since changes have been made since then.
It segfaults for me, too. The problem is this
wesnoth: actions.cpp:1205: void check_victory(std::map<gamemap::location, unit, std::less<gamemap::location>, std::allocator<std::pair<const gamemap::location, unit> > >&, std::vector<team, std::allocator<team> >&): Assertion `side < teams.size()' failed.
In previous versions, you had size 3 at top left corner but now it is gone. Since undead are side 4 and team.size is 3, the assertion fails. You can fix this by changing undead side to 3.

EDIT:
I tried this and found out it doesn't really work because hidden units belong to side 3. It fixes crash but undead doesn't recruit. I think you need unreachable leader for side 3 like before.
Last edited by Yoshiki on April 30th, 2004, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.