Small WML Improvement

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Small WML Improvement

Post by Dave »

I have added a new feature to WML to make it slightly less verbose. I've always found it irritating that you have to write e.g.

Code: Select all

x=12
y=18
To specify a co-ordinate pair. So, I've added a feature to the language that allows you to specify it on the same line:

x,y=12,18
This isn't a co-ordinate specific feature -- any set of values can be initialized like this. E.g.

red,green,blue=200,0,0
Also, if you don't specify as many values as you do attributes, all the attributes without values will use the last value. That means that referring to my proposal for a better tiling system, instead of having to go,

n=~h
ne=~h
se=~h
sw=~h
nw=~h
You could simply go,

n,ne,se,sw,nw=~h
David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

you cannot do something like this:

x=1,2,3,4
y=4,3,2,1
in this new way, correct? (and yes, i realize that you could still just do it like above)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

turin wrote:you cannot do something like this:

x=1,2,3,4
y=4,3,2,1
in this new way, correct? (and yes, i realize that you could still just do it like above)
No you can't do something like that.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming