[Historical] Campaign-Rebirth of the North

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hibakusha

Problem resolved, but....Oh my...

Post by Hibakusha »

So, I don't know why it's working now... When I installed the game 1 week ago, I downloaded this campaign.. I downloaded it again today, and now it works.

I'm just a bit unlucky: I managed to get few levels for Tallin, he was an halberdier with high damage and many health points, now, he's a lieutenant with puny 5-2/4-1 attacks... :|

At least, I've got heavy infantery now ^_^.
Hibakusha

Post by Hibakusha »

Oh no, am I cursed or what ?! I finished "An old Friend" Scenario, now it's "Setting Disputes" which doesn't work.

Demilich unit not found.....

What should I do ?
Hibakusha

Post by Hibakusha »

Er ... please ? Does anyone knows what to do about that ?
jg

Post by jg »

What version are you playing on? I don't know if it is an bug in the scenario itsself, but it might be (if you are using a unstable version), that the name of the unit changed. If so, change it according to what it says in the unit's folder.
Hibakusha

Post by Hibakusha »

So now: I tried Wesnoth 1.0.2: it works and the whole game is even faster with this version instead wesnoth 1.1.1 ....
nadjii

Post by nadjii »

hi,
Thanks for the imput nadjii, I am glad you liked it :) About the malifor-killing scenario that is rather strange. Him being killed is filtered through unit types, not by attack types so it technically shouldn't matter if the attack is holy or not - it just has to be by a white mage. (although it makes a bit of sense to let him be killed by a holy attack as well...) Anyhow, I am assuming that he ran away on you and you just have to find him :-)
haha, no way! 8)
okay i looked through the situation again. unfortunately i only have a saved game after he disappeared. i guess it was a Royal Guard, who killed him.
I looked the .cfg file. Since i have no idea about this wml stuff, i would ask whether can that be the problem, that in the code it has "Royal guard" instead of "Royal Guard". I found others, like Dwarvish Lord are written with 2 capitals.

the other question is about the treasury:
last item says:
message= _ "1000 gold! Wow! Where is that bag of bones getting all this?"
and:
amount=10151
i noticed it during the game, but i thought i just read it inaccurately.

n.[/quote]
nadjii

Post by nadjii »

hi,
Thanks for the imput nadjii, I am glad you liked it :) About the malifor-killing scenario that is rather strange. Him being killed is filtered through unit types, not by attack types so it technically shouldn't matter if the attack is holy or not - it just has to be by a white mage. (although it makes a bit of sense to let him be killed by a holy attack as well...) Anyhow, I am assuming that he ran away on you and you just have to find him :-)
haha, no way! 8)
okay i looked through the situation again. unfortunately i only have a saved game after he disappeared. i guess it was a Royal Guard, who killed him.
I looked the .cfg file. Since i have no idea about this wml stuff, i would ask whether can that be the problem, that in the code it has "Royal guard" instead of "Royal Guard". I found others, like Dwarvish Lord are written with 2 capitals.

last item says:
and:
amount=10151

n.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

I finally spent some time going over this campaign and getting a lot of little bugs and errors out casued from the swich from 1.0 to 1.1. The new version is up on the server.
nadjii wrote:haha, no way! 8)
Oops :oops: Thanks for pointing that out. It's all fixed now.
last item says:
and:
amount=10151
n.
Well, I just thoght the guy was making a rough estimate when he said that. It's not like he is going to sit down and count it all in the middle of a battle. Besides, 151 more gold... anyone complaining? ;-)
Hibakusha wrote: Oh no, am I cursed or what ?! I finished "An old Friend" Scenario, now it's "Setting Disputes" which doesn't work.

Demilich unit not found.....

What should I do ?
Sorry about that. Another incompatibally issue with 1.0 and 1.1. It's all in order now though :-)
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Taurus wrote:
last item says:
and:
amount=10151
n.
Well, I just thoght the guy was making a rough estimate when he said that. It's not like he is going to sit down and count it all in the middle of a battle. Besides, 151 more gold... anyone complaining? ;-)
1000 gold vs 10151 gold isn't a difference of 151 gold, it's a difference of 9151 gold. Rather a lot. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

turin wrote: 1000 gold vs 10151 gold isn't a difference of 151 gold, it's a difference of 9151 gold. Rather a lot. ;)
................ oh! :oops:

Deliverator

Post by Deliverator »

Help! First time poster, but I've been playing the game for several months and working on NR for several weeks now. I finally beat the Pursuit. But the next level, "Old Friend," causes a screen-freeze-to-quit when the Orc leader says something.

I'm not really sure what version of the overall game I'm using... I think the development version. And I'm pretty sure it's the latest version of the campaign. It's on Mac, if that matters.

Thanks!

Matt
"The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory." - Neal Stephenson, "Snow Crash"
im the one you think of

Post by im the one you think of »

has anyone pointed out that theres a lot of units using the long and short attack ranges, the demilich, level 3 outlaws, the rod of justice, plus i think the orcish sovereign is wrong but im not sure.
Ssshh! I'm secretly male.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Long and short attack ranges :-S What do you mean by that? And thanks for reporting your problem Deliverator. I'll check it out and if there is a problem I should have a patch up in a couple days at most.

Deliverator

Post by Deliverator »

Thanks!

Matt
"The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory." - Neal Stephenson, "Snow Crash"
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Now this one has really got me. As Deliverator pointed out, when you get to Old Friend and after the first "message" in the "start" event the game crashes. I isolated the problem to this line of wml:

Code: Select all

[role]
	type=Halberdier,Royal Guard,Master Bowman,Pikeman,Swordsman,Longbowman,Javelineer,Spearman,Bowman,Peasant
	role=Supporter
	[/role]
	[recall]
	role=Supporter
	[/recall]
When I take this part out the scenario runs fine. Does anybody see anything wrong with this? The interesting part is that I have the same piece of code in almost every other of my senarios and they work just fine. Also, this senario was running just fine up till about wesnoth version 1.1. Just for some background reference, i'll put the whole event up here:

Code: Select all

[event]
	name=start

[role]
	type=Halberdier,Royal Guard,Master Bowman,Pikeman,Swordsman,Longbowman,Javelineer,Spearman,Bowman,Peasant
	role=Supporter
	[/role]
	[recall]
	role=Supporter
	[/recall]

[store_unit]
	[filter] 
	description=Tallin
	[/filter] 
	variable=typechange 
	kill=yes
	[/store_unit] 

[set_variable] 
	name=typechange.type 
	value=Lieutenant
	[modifications]
			{TRAIT_RESILIENT}
			{TRAIT_INTELLIGENT}
		[/modifications] 
	[/set_variable] 

[unstore_unit] 
variable=typechange 
find_vacant=yes 
[/unstore_unit] 
{CLEAR_VARIABLE typechange} 

{BODYGUARD 2 20}
	{BODYGUARD 5 20}
	{BODYGUARD 7 21}
	{BODYGUARD 9 22}
	{BODYGUARD 9 24}
	{BODYGUARD 9 26}
	{BODYGUARD 8 27}

[recall]
	description=Camerin
	[/recall]

[recall]
	description=Alfred
	[/recall]

[recall]
	description=Father Marcus
	[/recall]

[recall]
	description=Sister Theta
	[/recall]

[recall]
	description=Krash
	[/recall]

[recall]
	description=Elenia
	[/recall]

[message]
	description=Rakshas
	message= _ "So here is the human who dares defy me!"
	image=Rakshas.jpg
	[/message]	

[message]
	description=Tallin
	message= _ "Defy you? Who are you, what do you want?"
	image=Tallin.jpg
	[/message]

######lots more talking after this
	[/event]
If anyone wants to check it out, I am attaching a savegame of the scenario. Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?
Attachments
Old_Friend.txt
(28.99 KiB) Downloaded 155 times