Under the Burning Suns

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sly

Post by Sly »

also you'll have to restard the scenario from the beginning (at least I had to do it :( )

on the other hand, there was a serpent in "frying pan" ? I didn't encounter him ...

Bah I'll redo the campain in hard if I had enough courage so I'll see :P
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Sly wrote:also you'll have to restard the scenario from the beginning (at least I had to do it :( )
I apoligize about this, but yes you have to restart the scenario for the code change to take effect.
Sly wrote:on the other hand, there was a serpent in "frying pan" ? I didn't encounter him ...
Yes there were, but not everyone will encounter them.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Playing UtBS from current trunk (rev11023) I get some errors:

When loading scenarios I get a bunch of these:
error config: Error: invalid string

Scen 1:
Deep one first appears at hex 30,31 then jumps to hex 32,30

Scen 2:
error config: terrain Oasis uses heals=true which is deprecated (use number)

Missing or wrong path/filenames:
error display: could not open image 'newelveskaleh-ranged-4.png'
error display: could not open image 'elvish-druid-healing.png'
error display: could not open image 'null'
error display: could not open image 'newelveskaleh-ranged-4.png'
error display: could not open image 'newelves/desert-hunter-nym-ranged-3.png'
error display: could not open image 'attacks/faerie-touch.png'

Graphical problem:
Wrong transition layering between grass trans. and crater trans. Crater trans. should be above grassland trans.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Thanks frame, I've fixed these.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

In the scenario "In the tunnels of the trolls" I got a problem.

Rogrimir, the dwarven stallwart event never triggers. I believe a troll is supposed to attack him and when you kill it, the stallwart joins you. However when I killed the last of the other trolls this last troll just disappeared, and now I can't seem to trigger this event in any way.
caranha

Comments about the text in UTBS

Post by caranha »

I've started translating UTBS to pt_BR.

I'll post some comments about the text as I go about the translation... hope you can help me with clarifications about those (and maybe I can catch a typo or two! :-))

By the way, would it be better to start a new thread - like "UTBS - text commentary"?

"Talking to fish":

- "That afternoon three of the merfolk sat in a circle"
> Mermaid _sit_??

- "No, you don't have to introduce yourselves. I already\tknow who you are and "
- "why you have been journeying all this way."
> Maybe that \t is a typo?

More to come :-)
--
Claus Aranha
Mad Scientist
Sly

Post by Sly »

Just some point I have forgotten to bring before : the Illuminate ability of the Desert Star seems totaly pointless except in caves : it don't change the penalty for darkness or dawn/dusk :?
quartex
Inactive Developer

Re: Comments about the text in UTBS

Post by quartex »

caranha,
Some of those aren't typos. Instead of posting all your questions here, why not private message me? Thanks.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Sly wrote:Just some point I have forgotten to bring before : the Illuminate ability of the Desert Star seems totaly pointless except in caves : it don't change the penalty for darkness or dawn/dusk :?
The UTBS time definitions were changed recently and I think the lawful penalty/bonus was coded wrong for illumination. I'll look into this.

Edit: This should be fixed in the most recenty SVN build.
Free

Post by Free »

quartex wrote:inykane,
Go to data/campaigns/under_the_burning_suns/scenarios/6_2_Hunting_Dwarves.cfg

Search for the word "troll2" replace it with "Troll Shaman" and everything will be fine.

For the record: also open 8_Frying_Pan.cfg, search for "Water Serpent", and delete any lines containing that unit. Finally open 11_Island.cfg and change "Sea Serpent2" to "Sea Serpent".

These have also been fixed in the SVN version.
Do I have replay the whole scenario from the start for it to work now? I changed "troll2" to "Troll Shaman" and still got the same error!
Nyxl

Post by Nyxl »

Free wrote:Do I have replay the whole scenario from the start for it to work now? I changed "troll2" to "Troll Shaman" and still got the same error!
I had the same problem. If you don't want to restart the whole scenario after fixing the scenario.cfg, you must edit your savegame file and replace all incorrect occurences of unit names. All of them. Use your best text editor, and perform a "replace all".
Sly

Post by Sly »

I encountered a little bug, not really a bug but a miss : in Descending into Darkness if the dark assassin take Zhul's place, when I kill him Zhul reappear, the dialogue happens and then Zhul says she had fallen and I loose :cry:
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Sly wrote:I encountered a little bug, not really a bug but a miss : in Descending into Darkness if the dark assassin take Zhul's place, when I kill him Zhul reappear, the dialogue happens and then Zhul says she had fallen and I loose :cry:
Duly noted. I've seen this bug before with Nym, but I didn't know it affected Zhul as well. I have no idea why it's happening, but believe I can write a work-around.
Sly

Post by Sly »

quartex wrote:
Sly wrote:I encountered a little bug, not really a bug but a miss : in Descending into Darkness if the dark assassin take Zhul's place, when I kill him Zhul reappear, the dialogue happens and then Zhul says she had fallen and I loose :cry:
Duly noted. I've seen this bug before with Nym, but I didn't know it affected Zhul as well. I have no idea why it's happening, but believe I can write a work-around.
Also happen with the mage (I never recall her name :oops: ) : when the assassin replace her and I kill the assassin, I have the usual dialogue ("hu what happened !") then I have her dialogue of death (and the dialogue from Kaleh) but she's still here ...
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Right, the death event is triggered by the unit is not actually destroyed. For normal units you wouldn't even notice it becuase they have no death message. But when it happens to the heroes, you notice their death messages, and of course the automatic defeat which is attached to most hero units.