Under the Burning Suns

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

From the shade.cfg files...

Code: Select all

image=projectiles/thorns.png
But for some reason I'm seeing arrows not the thorns image...
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
gabbro

Post by gabbro »

in scenario 6_2_Hunting_Dwarves.cfg change

Thundererguard -> Thunderguard
and
thundererguard -> thunderguard

great campaign!
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

gabbro wrote:in scenario 6_2_Hunting_Dwarves.cfg change

Thundererguard -> Thunderguard
and
thundererguard -> thunderguard

great campaign!
Fixed, thanks! Glad you are enjoying UTBS.
Make sure to turn on the record statistic option under "Help Wesnoth" so I track your progress and better balance UTBS. Also I'd love to hear your thoughts on specific scenarios in the "Campaign feedback" forum.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Notice:

In Scenario 8 of UTBS 1.5.1 and the mainline version there is a missing unit: the water serpent. The lack of this unit will crash the scenario. This has been fixed in the 1.1.2-SVN version, but in case you can't download that, I have compiled a zip file of the water serpent unit file and image. Put the unit file in the Under_the_Burning_Suns/units folder and the image file in the Under_the_Burning_Suns/images folder. Sorry for the error, I completely forgot about this instance of the unit when I deleted it.

You can download it from:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/quartex/Water_Serpent.zip

Thanks!
gabbro

Post by gabbro »

quartex wrote: Fixed, thanks! Glad you are enjoying UTBS.
I should have taken notes from the beginning, as there were a few other things along the way (mostly typos in the text, maybe an missing image).

Here are a few more:
in 6_2_Hunting_Dwarves.. there is a reference to troll2, although no .cfg..
in 7_2_TrollInterlude, there are references to troll2, rocklobber2, and whelp2 (maybe shaman2)...
I believe removing the 2 in all cases fixes this.

For 6_2_Hunting_Dwarves
Grog does have an image, but editing his .cfg and putting the words "troll-" in front of grunt.png (as well as for the attack and defend images, and in the Grog_Warrior file also) will fix this. Maybe the next version addresses this.

Also, the glyph and coffin images didn't appear, but I don't know why.

Thanks for posting the water serpent, I'm still on 1.1.1 (I have upgraded yet).
quartex wrote: Make sure to turn on the record statistic option under "Help Wesnoth" so I track your progress and better balance UTBS. Also I'd love to hear your thoughts on specific scenarios in the "Campaign feedback" forum.
I'll consider it. I probably reload too frequently :oops: and would skew the results. In general, I like the extended dialog. I think it provides richness to the tale. I would need to play it again and look at it from a more critical perspective to be able to provide good feedback. Currently I am enjoying it for what it is.

Edit:
After adding the water serpent, it still crashes. There is a message:

Code: Select all

error engine: player not found!
but I have seen that before...
emdot

Post by emdot »

1. Impassable mountains in SStruggle? Abyss was overwritten somehow.

2. Dialog between Zurg and Chico? Two trolls? I understand, last dwarvish king
was killed by troll unit. Sounds strange, make it between Zurg and Kaleh to
avoid weird situations.

(yesterday SVN)
dthurston

Post by dthurston »

I filed a bug about this, but I thought I'd mention it here: the latest SVN version hangs for me after all the players complete turn 12 in A Stirring in the Night, right after the special event. See https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=5569 .
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

the current SVN is quite unstable due to changes in the graphicall engine,

don't be suprised if it does weird thing, I'm slowly fixing all these issues as I find them...
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Hibakusha

Post by Hibakusha »

Err....

I just started this campaign, it looked nice ...
When I put my first unit on the oasis in the middle of the destroyed city, winXP pro opens one of these error windows (those who ask for reporting...).

What should I do ?

I none too happy, this game is really great, but I started many campaign and I often get bugs.
I just tried "A new threat", stopped because bug. I tried "seed of evil", again, another bug I can't continue. Now this campaign which looked so nice :(.
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

I get these errors all the time. It has something to do with when events trigger dialogue. If you play through again and do the exact same thing, it probably won't crash and instead some dialogue will pop up.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Hibakusha

Post by Hibakusha »

Well, just when my unit is on the oasis' island, I got the dialogs, then the crash ...
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

Does it crash every time? How many times have you tried? Does it crash before the shamans and the druid spawns?
Hibakusha

Post by Hibakusha »

I tried 5-6 times, then continued to scout the whole town ang got these elvish "horsemen". Tried again 2-3 times, then went to the north with my army to kill the undead leader.

After that, I tried again and it crashed again.

My unit arrive on this island, then the 3 new units appear, I got the set of dialogs and then it crashes.
down

crash in utbs 8 due to zhul star illuminating

Post by down »

hello,

wesnoth crashes (seg fault) here when zhul upgrades to level 4 (desert star),
in my case, it happens at the very beginning of scenario 8 (frying pan), after she killed the troll boss of the previous scenario.

i found out that commenting her illuminating ability (#{ABILITY_ILLUMINATES}) solved the problem.
but since it's the only difference between level 3 and 4, it would be great to keep this feature! (and i still have some fighting to do underground, i guess...)

i am using the 1.1.2-1 debian packages from people.debian.org/~isaac/wesnoth/
i tried with the svn version of the campaign, no difference.

thank you very much if anyone had a clue how to solve this.

jérémy
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

Try playing in windowed mode, it seems to crash less.