Help needed defining team rgb values for unit graphics

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Ranger M wrote:hold on so is the lieutenant line being combined with the Spearman one? (which is what the image suggests, although the dwarf is in there to so it might just be for perspective)
They're just there for purposes of comparison.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Jetryl may already be aware of this, but I am not a huge fan of the pose of the Grand Marshal. The garb says level 4, but the post says level 1. If we could get this fixed at the same time we tcolor the unit, that'd be great... ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

turin wrote:Jetryl may already be aware of this, but I am not a huge fan of the pose of the Grand Marshal. The garb says level 4, but the post says level 1. If we could get this fixed at the same time we tcolor the unit, that'd be great... ;)
No, I'm not going to fix this until we have support for "en-guarde" poses. The existing frame would be the en-guarde pose, and then a new frame, looking the way you like it, would be the relaxed pose.

I do want to do that, just - one thing at a time. Not right now.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Anyways, the base frames for the Spearman line (sans Javelineer), and the Sergeant line have been committed.

Turin, if you'd like to take a swing at cloning them over, please do - I suggest starting with the swordsman/royal guard, because those guys, having so few frames as they do, should be very easy to work with.

I've "commented" out all of the old animations; that is, I've deactivated the old animations by adding in a non-existant macro.

Code: Select all

#ifdef THE_ANIMATIONS_ARE_FINISHED
   animation WML
#endif
We'll never define this macro - when the animations are finished you just delete those two lines of the #ifdef/#endif, and reactivate the whole thing. This I did just to save the time of putting a ### on each line - I'm not sure what the precise workings of WML with respect to commenting are, and this system works perfectly, so I'm using this.

The old frames are still in SVN. They're just not actually used - you can refer to them to make cloning the animation easier.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ranger M wrote:apart from that I like them, but the pikeman looks like he is the same size as the spearman, and then it jumps up a size to the Halbadear (spelt wrong), maybe an increase of one or two pixels would be in order.
doesn't anyone agree with me on this? :?
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Why can't the Grand General be more shiney like this?
Attachments
grandgejer.png
grandgejer.png (14.97 KiB) Viewed 6241 times
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

The shield certainly does it there, but the carvings in the armour may be a bit too much.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Why can't the Grand General be more shiney...
Yeah, love the shield, and the shoulder plates.

But the rest of your colour is a bit of an eyesore. If you don't mind me saying so, he looks like he had a run-in with a jewellery store.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Maybe you can use it as level 4 unit (it looks much mightier than the current lvl3 unit)
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
scott

Post by scott »

The grand general is a L4 unit. Grand Marshall, actually.

I would say Neo's looks good except for the gold on the helmet/face. Maybe the gold trim on the helmet/faceplate could be removed and some gold trim could be added to the feather thing on top.

PS how does the royal guard see?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ranger M wrote:
Ranger M wrote:apart from that I like them, but the pikeman looks like he is the same size as the spearman, and then it jumps up a size to the Halbadear (spelt wrong), maybe an increase of one or two pixels would be in order.
doesn't anyone agree with me on this? :?
Is my posts invisible or something? Or am I just plain wrong? because nobody seems to notice it :?
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

BTW, technically, gold is soft so it is bad for protection (helmet) but as WINR the image is great. IMHO, it should be a good alternative to the current lvl4 unit (as I said above) because the current lvl4 looks a bit bad compared to most of the official units' graphics.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Hmmm, Ranger M hasn't posted for ages. Anyone else noticed? :D

Oh, by the way, I think the spearman -> pikeman -> halberdier are nicely scaled. A credit to whoever drew them.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ok, when I have time (done my prep) I am going to post them in a line up to compare to the others. Then we'll see.

EDIT: must have been the perspective. I hate being proved wrong :evil: (especially by myself)
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

scott wrote:PS how does the royal guard see?
Same as every other fully armoured unit. As in real life, doesn't look comfortable, look at the holes.

Clicky.

I sayget rim of the gold trim on the armour or helmet and give the feathers a brighter purple to use it as a lvl3. Badass-ness is for lvl3, full-out bling for lvl4.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004