Good game music you like

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Lindir The Green wrote:The best game music is definitely Total Annihilation.

http://zwzsg.hosted.luckz.de/stuff/TotalA%20soundtrack/
http://zwzsg.hosted.luckz.de/stuff/Tota ... 0Theme.mp3
This defenetly a good piece, but it's also defenetly orchestrial. If anyone would want such music for wesnoth, (s)he'd need an orchestra.
Oh yeah, I think Project: Starfighter has a very good soundtrack.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Lindir The Green

Post by Lindir The Green »

the topic was about which game music is good, not about which midi game music is good.
"The men of Wu and the men of Yueh are enemies; yet if they are crossing a river in the same boat and are caught by a storm, they will come to each other's assistance. Hence it is not enough to put one's trust in the tethering of horses� -Sun Tzu
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Games that had sweet music:

Any bungie game, post-marathon 1; most especially:
Myth, Myth II, and Oni.
Though "Power of Seven" only made one track for marathon II & ∞, they were sweet tracks.

King's Quest Series, and many old Sierra Games
Syndicate (one of the greatest games of all time)

Many Ambrosia SW games, especially "Harry the Handsome Executive".

The Myst series also had excellent music, as did many games from Maxis (eg. SimCity, SimAnt).
unsung

Post by unsung »

homeworlds music, ground controls, dark reign two, WC/SC and about 10 others that I would put here If I could think of them.

clones, blow me away, and geeting away with murder are good as is this:
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... ck_pt1.zip
and then the same but /homefront_soundtrack_pt2.zip

Cote'D'Azur is the best song EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suspended, covert redemption, covie wasteland, the UNSC, and Fear Upon the Captain of the Knights Unearthed are awesome as well.

unzip it and then listen to each song with windows media player. its among the best music Ive heard.

also the song "programed to kill" by rayagon is good. just go to http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/rayagon/ to download it.
Last edited by unsung on August 21st, 2005, 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Jastiv

Post by Jastiv »

The best music was the Final Fantasy series 1-8. I didn't think Heroes of Might and Magic was particularly good for the most part, alot of it was too classical sounding. I did however like the necopolis theme in the price of loyalty expansion pack for heroes 2 alot.

I tend to like music with a definate simple melody.
colo

Post by colo »

Baldur's Gate's music (from Michael Hoenig), and especially Icewind Dale's score (composed by Jeremy Soule), are the best I've ever heard. Morrowind features a few nice tracks, as well.
NK

Post by NK »

Some that I liked was...

Grandia (a RPG on the PSX, super sweet~)
Heroes 2-3 (thoes games had some nice classical music to them)

{{I have Gold Edition of Heroes 3, BTW, its the main game plus both expantions :D}}

CastleVania: Symphony of the Night (My most loved game, please take note on its mythology, sprites, names and music, most of all music)
Wesnoth (Not bad music, not bad at all :wink:)

If anyone wants any samples, I'd be happy to provide some links

Ps. I'm new by the way :D
Wait... what?
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

Lord of the Rings-because of course they took the great music from the movie!
Sorry for the meaningless post
Rain
Music Contributor

Post by Rain »

BunBun was one of the most amazing composers of the Nintendo era. Another honorable mention would be Motoaki Takenouchi who did a Frizzigin' BRILLIANT job on the Shining Force II soundtrack (Genesis). The timbre of the sound due to the programming and the excellence of the compositional element make it a soundtrack that still stands out. Most of the tracks, while obviously different in demeanor and emotional content to correlate with the desired scene, uses the same general motif as well which makes the content even more rewarding to listen to. Hitoshi Sakimoto is also an absolutely incredible composer...I could keep going...
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

NK wrote:Heroes 2-3 (thoes games had some nice classical music to them)
Yes, indeed! Heroes III has good themes! As well as Heroes IV... and now Heroes V is about to come out! Oh joy! :D

Aleksi.
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

I think the Heroes IV music were quite crappy. The music from the Dragonwarrior (or Dragon Quest) series on the NES was really nice...
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies."
-Roger the shrubber
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Lugo Moll wrote:I think the Heroes IV music were quite crappy. The music from the Dragonwarrior (or Dragon Quest) series on the NES was really nice...
I thought there where some pretty good ideas. But Heroes III's music where the best. My favorite SNES video game music was Secret Of Mana!

Aleksi.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I think that Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI definitely had the best pieces of SNES music. Even some of the best pieces of any game music I've heard.
Rain
Music Contributor

Post by Rain »

zookeeper wrote:I think that Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI definitely had the best pieces of SNES music. Even some of the best pieces of any game music I've heard.
Absolutely! 8)
arno

Post by arno »

In Battle of Wesnoth, I like all Musics and find them originally fitting with each factions.