Cool WML, what to do with it?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Cool WML, what to do with it?

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I've just written the WML to rotate a point 60 degrees around a focus, in Wesnoth's hex grid. It runs at reaonable speed, too; as an estimate, I could rotate a small map, and all the units on it, by 60 degrees in less than 5 seconds.

Thing is, that seems pretty useless, especially since my original purpose for it turned out to be unworkable anyway.

Suggestions?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Put it here?

Might not be that usefull in itself, but could give insight into the workings of WML maybe. If not put it under hardcore WML :)
Elvish_Pillager

frame wrote:...but could give insight into the workings of WML maybe.
No way, it's basically a long series of hacks. Unless that's the workings you're talking about :P

EDIT: it is now in hardcorewml.
Last edited by Elvish_Pillager on January 18th, 2006, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Steelclad Brian

Post by Steelclad Brian »

Can you limit it's radius? If so, you could have a fairly neat premise for a King of the Hill type of game, or just a regular game with a spinning "wheel" in the center.
Elvish_Pillager

Steelclad Brian wrote:Can you limit it's radius? If so, you could have a fairly neat premise for a King of the Hill type of game, or just a regular game with a spinning "wheel" in the center.
easy - store units in a certain radius, and then rotate each one individually.

Maybe a map with a bunch of spinning wheels... :twisted:
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Sounds interesting and crazy at the same time. I'd like to see it! :D
Ghite

Re: Cool WML, what to do with it?

Post by Ghite »

Is it still findable? I, also would love to be able to use this.