New units

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Arthelorn wrote:I think the Chocobone's mount is supposed to look like that.

It certainly looks like an undead chocobo, which are giant, ridable birds, from Final Fantasy, if that was the intent.

(P.S: My first post)
the problem is that we shouldn't really be copying FF in the first place. i think we should just get rid of the Chocobone, since it looks silly and is somewhat plaigarizing.

anyway, this is what i got when i tried to combine the dead horse image and my image.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Combatjuan

Post by Combatjuan »

Turin:
I really like that new horse graphic. What kind of attack to you propose it have? Are you going to put a rider on it, or use some kind of spectral energy attack or make it impact with its hooves or what?
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." - Phil. 1:21
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Combatjuan wrote:Turin:
I really like that new horse graphic. What kind of attack to you propose it have? Are you going to put a rider on it, or use some kind of spectral energy attack or make it impact with its hooves or what?
the plan was to have it have two attacks, one melee, something like hoove attack, and one ranged, 'gaze', that slows the enemy (this would be a cold attack). the upgrades would be nightmare, which would be similar but the gaze would be fire, and the other would be the kludde, a water unit that had the hooves attack but not the gaze, and had something like nightstalk for dawn and dusk. (all of these are based on myths and legends, and i got the ideas for attacks from what they do in the myths/legends).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

these are the ranged and melee attack frames.

this image is wierd because it utilizes a lot of transparency and blurring. i'm not sure how it will look in-game, but it looks good here.
The World of Orbivm
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Chocobones have nothing to do with FF, they are only the skeletons of generic large unnamed ostrich-like birds used as mounts in an ancient lost civilization
FireDragon

Post by FireDragon »

What unit becomes a chocobone?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

FireDragon wrote:What unit becomes a chocobone?
none, they are special second level units, like the Ogre is. (at least until the Young Ogre is accepted).
The World of Orbivm