Have a mac and need help

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kharn

Have a mac and need help

Post by Kharn »

I tried that drop ogg application for the mac and all it says is Error for every file type i try to create.

I have 2 mp3 songs and one midi song.

they are at rgarner.freeshell.org/music.zip

if anyone could convert those to .ogg files that would work on wesnoth it would be much appreiciated.

After you change them tell me where i can get them online or just make it an attachment.

Thanks.
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
scott

Post by scott »

Audacity can convert music to ogg format, and it's free.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Kharn

More help

Post by Kharn »

I sat there and converted them all to ogg vorbis files succesfully using Audicity application for the mac. Then I put them into the music folder of wesnoth package and changed multiplayer.cfg so that it says the name of my ogg file instead of the old wesnoth-2.ogg and when I started up a new game in wesnoth it would not play sound for any of the races that i changed the song for.

Can anyone give me suggestions why?

Do I need to change something other than multiplayer.cfg? is there a limit to song size or a paticiular sound quality I need to convert at? Does it have to do with the default application that opens the ogg file, cuz i tried both audicity and wesnoth. And when I run the game it still wont make sound.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
scott

Post by scott »

What settings did you use to encode it? I have created ogg sounds for the game before, but I play them with the sound tag, not as a music piece. They come with the Liberty campaign. I don't remember the encoding settings, but I know they were low. Mono 8 or 16 bit I think.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Kharn

Post by Kharn »

I used all of the default settings that audicity came with.

Its only 4 songs, if you could please ogg them for me, I would be in a world of happiness

its at
rgarner.freeshell.org/ogg.zip :)
Kharn

YEEEAAAAA!!!

Post by Kharn »

IT WORKED.

ill tell you how too.
i didnt remove audicity from the temporary HD audicity is in when you unzip it to my desktop.

now that i did the files are linked to my desktop instead of the temp hd.

and they work and omg

IT SOUNDS AWSOME

i would play my middle earth mod just to listen to the music.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Note for those curious - you don't need to download his music to hear it - it's just the music that Howard Shore composed for the movies.

Obviously, this can't be used for anything uploaded to the campaign server - best of luck on your mod, kharn, but we can't officially support it because of copyright issues.
Kharn

Post by Kharn »

is there a version of it i can make for the campaign server?

i would start with changing the music to something else?

would i also need to leet the names?

(just wondering)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

You don't seem to understand that 1337ing the names isn't enough to avoid copyright violation if the plot is ripped...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Trias

Post by Trias »

It's basically like doing "Shakespeares Romeo and Juliet" as opposed to .. Emilio Esteban's "Romeo and Juliet" He's not infringing on a copyright, he's just making a tribute to the movies and the books through a game.
"I came, I saw, I conquered." - Julius Caesar
scott

Post by scott »

Anything by Shakespeare isn't copyrighted. The copyrights have all expired on old works. The guy who wrote this music is still alive.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Trias

Post by Trias »

true dat, but his versions of the music files arent from howard shore himself, there are different versions that all are based on the same guy
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

And that guy would be Tolkien, and Tolkien's estates still have copyright on all of his work...

No matter how you look at it, you are either infringing the copyright of Howard Shore, Peter Jackson, or Christopher Tolkien. All that really matters is, you are infringing on SOMEONE's copyright, and could thus extremely easily be sued.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Trias

Post by Trias »

like mr tolkien's attorneys are gonna sue a bunch of kids that used his great idea to play it on a FREE game where they make no profit off of it.. He's have to be one cold hearted [censored].. and what's he gonna sue over anyway.. Were not making money .. so i mean.?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Whether you are making money or not is irrelevant to whether he is able to sue you, IIRC.
The World of Orbivm