Invasion of Arendia Artwork

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

This isn't actually the ranger, but if you want to change the image for the ranger for the third frame in the attack using this then just edit out the sword on his back and use it.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Yes, much better. My very first contribution to wesnoth was giving FM's old elves a 'more mighty' stance when using their bows. I don't mind as much if units that are supposed to be bad archers draw the bow to their chest, but units with good bow attacks need this kind of pose.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

and here are the end results (sort of the attack needs more body movement)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

In the bow animation, the spear on his back gets a hole in it. The animations are too fast for me to tell in which frame. (In Wesnoth, animations usually go for 100-300 MS.)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

here's the new version
Dark Helmet

Post by Dark Helmet »

Its kinda weird how his spear moves...
Freedom is the ability to say one plus one equals two. When that occurs, all else follows.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

It is a double bladed sword, not a spear.

It moves because to make the frames for Reth's ranged attack I used the ranger one and added the sword on the back, along with others already mentioned. I obviously miss aligned it when I made it, I am going to change it soon, but have been busy lately.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

what is the thing behind his back (not the sword, the thing that is behind the bow when he attacks)
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

On looking at it in GIMP I think it is the old sword's hilt, I must have forgotten to edit it out. :oops:
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

That's a nice innovation that I haven't seen much in Wesnoth...the double bladed sword.
Sorry for the meaningless post
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I know I felt like adding something semi exotic which you wouldn't see in Wesnoth to emphasise the difference between Arendia (which is on the old continent, south of the westfolks original home) and Wesnoth.
taz

Post by taz »

Ranger M wrote:and here are the end results (sort of the attack needs more body movement)
Awesome melee animation, but I agree with Dark Helmet : the double bladed sword looks like a spear or a quarterstaff. Maybe you should try a broader blade to avoid confusion ?
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

Ranger M wrote:On looking at it in GIMP I think it is the old sword's hilt, I must have forgotten to edit it out. :oops:
Just change it a bit, and you have an arrow.
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Emmanovi: Damn, I have already edited it out, and deleted the old one.

taz: I don't think that thickening the sword is appropriate, as it is supposed to be a thin agile weapon. but also if you look at the main image for the character on a black background then I think that the weapon type is more obvious. (It is just as obvious in all the other images)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I have come up with some new naga images for my campaign, any constructive criocism is welcome

yes I know that mages usually aren't usually using magic in their normal image, I will probably change this to something else when I finish them, this was mostly to show their 'type' of magic as I haven't done any attack or defence images yet.

also the names for the scorcher and flamer are from when I was going to give them fire attacks, as that was the only of the 'magic' attack types that the mermen aren't resistant to , but then I realised that I could give them impact, so i changed the colour of the magic in the image (It was red) and am going to change the names to something more subtable.

It goes mage->flamer->scorcher

ps there are male and female versions of all of them.