I just love this game

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
ludeman

I just love this game

Post by ludeman »

Hi, Im new to wesnoth. This game kicks the lamas ass!!! AND FOR FREE!!! THank you so much! So is anything else planned. Have you ever thought of making a WWII game or SciFi setting. Two that come to mind are a Squad Leader type of game and G.E.V/Ogre. Oh man I would pay retail for that! If not thats cool, Im still loving the hell out of Wesnoth. Again Thank You to everybody that has worked or working on this gem.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Spacenoth!

Very little progress has been made (we just started really working on it this week), but it might just turn into something. ;)

Glad you like the game.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
niranbd

Post by niranbd »

turin wrote:Spacenoth!

Very little progress has been made (we just started really working on it this week), but it might just turn into something. ;)

Glad you like the game.

wow! this is amazing! it can be a really good game! wow, this wesnoth project gonna be really awsome in a couple of mounths from now!

Watch the potty mouth
ludeman

Post by ludeman »

Spacenoth looks like a winner. Can this game engine do multiple hex ranged combat? You guys Rock, Thanks
niranbd

Post by niranbd »

niranbd wrote:
turin wrote:Spacenoth!

Glad you like the game.

wow! this is amazing! it can be a really good game! wow, this wesnoth project gonna be really awsome in a couple of mounths from now!

Watch the potty mouth
lol who add the "Watch the potty mouth"? :P

well... im from israel so i'm not an english speacker, also im just 15, so my english will get better through the years... sorry if i got you mad by my enthusiasm :?

Your friendly neighborhood moderators, of course. No worries; just watch the f-bombs.
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

ludeman wrote:Spacenoth looks like a winner. Can this game engine do multiple hex ranged combat? You guys Rock, Thanks
The Wesnoth engine does support multiple hex ranged combat, AFAIK. However, the actual feature was removed.
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Code an AI that deals with multihex, that's the difficult part.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Emmanovi wrote:
ludeman wrote:Spacenoth looks like a winner. Can this game engine do multiple hex ranged combat? You guys Rock, Thanks
The Wesnoth engine does support multiple hex ranged combat, AFAIK. However, the actual feature was removed.
It's not completely sure yet. We're still discussing about the attacks.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
ludeman

Post by ludeman »

torangan wrote:Code an AI that deals with multihex, that's the difficult part.

Oh, right then, never thought about that :oops:
silvermane

Post by silvermane »

If this was possible in Battle Isle in 1995, it can be possible in Wesnoth in 2005.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

silvermane wrote:
If this was possible in Battle Isle in 1995, it can be possible in Wesnoth in 2005.
I can say Evil thing, can't i?
Code it! Much people would be happy to see new fork of wesnoth!
:P
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Tomsik wrote:
silvermane wrote: If this was possible in Battle Isle in 1995, it can be possible in Wesnoth in 2005.
I can say Evil thing, can't i?
Code it! Much people would be happy to see new fork of wesnoth!
:P
Maybe the gameplays are not exactly the same in the two games.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
silvermane

Post by silvermane »

Tux2B wrote: Maybe the gameplays are not exactly the same in the two games.
Actually, Battle Isle 2 & 3 have less artillery support than History Line, for example (unless you count buggies to be artillery).

The main problem with Wesnoth-style artillery might be that units would advance too quickly, especially for the defending side (for it is understood that they would be relatively non-mobile).
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Artillery will have a lot of XP, then.
silvermane

Post by silvermane »

In most scenarios the player is the attacking side that must travel some distance to achieve the scenario goals. Thus they can either leave artillery for home defence or wait while it lugs behind the main force.

In multiplayer both players can recruit whatever they want, and this more or less neutralizes the odds. If you choose to buy heavy artillery, the opponent may swamp you with cheap infantry troops (and HL/BI heavy artillery CAN'T attack the neighbouring hexes). One unit of artillery should be equal to six or eight battalions of infantry, actually, though the exact costs will only be apparent after playtesting.

In HL the situation is actually reversed. More often than not you are encircled and under siege, and your artillery comes into play a lot often.