When will the replay bar be hidden in normal games?

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dtw

When will the replay bar be hidden in normal games?

Post by dtw »

I have been testing and playing the SVN version of wesnoth for ages but that replay bar is REALLY starting to annoy me - when is it going to be hidden in normal games? The code can't be that hard!
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

It will be hidden once the work on it is completed. Don't forget that you are using a version that is highly in development. There will be things like this all over the places. If this is meant to be some kind of bugreport: We do know that this "feature" (hey, having a replay interface is not a bug) exists.
dtw

Post by dtw »

Well, it's not a bug report is it? It's a "Regardless of whether that feature is under development or not does it really have to be there by default?" question. Apparently it does but for me it's so in your face I can't bear to play ATM, which is not helping me help you.

Still, it's a minor issue but worth bringing up in case it jogs someone into hiding it :)
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

dibblethewrecker wrote:Well, it's not a bug report is it? It's a "Regardless of whether that feature is under development or not does it really have to be there by default?" question. Apparently it does but for me it's so in your face I can't bear to play ATM, which is not helping me help you.

Still, it's a minor issue but worth bringing up in case it jogs someone into hiding it :)
Well, you could always either make your own theme, or edit an existing one. Basically, you need to blow away anything but the main map that has a reference to the "replay-panel" in it. You then blow away the replay-panel, and change the main-map to reference the top-panel instead. Or, since your are using SVN, you could just revert the data/themes/default.cfg to an earlier version without the replay buttons in it. So, I don't think anyone is going to do this for you, but we all are looking forward to when the replay buttons automagically go away when not needed.
dtw

Post by dtw »

cool - thanks dfool - that'd be a big relief :)