Faction of Sentient Wasps/Hornets?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Beleth

Post by Beleth »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Something about this faction bugs me, I'm just not quite sure what.
So you're voting in favor, right? ;)
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

irrevanent said:
What would make this faction unique beyond aesthetics?
Hmm. Hive mentality, large percentage of female units (whyyesIdidreadthefemaleunitsthreadthankyouverymuch), flight, and metamorphosis.

I had a friend also suggest ants. I like termites, though. Ants would farm aphids, so an "aphid rider" would be...interesting and might be better than a wasp riding some caterpillar.

And might be much easier and more "Wesnothish". Pests were common in Medieval Europe--although rats have been done to death in many other games (such as Warhammer...*cough* Skaven *cough*).

This was just an off-hand thought; I'm surprised I got 15 replies. :)
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Something about this faction bugs me, I'm just not quite sure what.
Very punny.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Kestenvarn wrote:
Very punny.
Satirilicious.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

giant insects are just weird, too weird.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

this idea is even worse than some of the other sugestions
i mean people didnt like my idea of Dark Elves but now they are in wasnoth but this is rediculus
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Hey, it was a suggestion; take it or leave it. You've voted to leave it. Fine by me.

However, I'd appreciate it if you've had your coffee before commenting on my next idea :P
Disto

Post by Disto »

Belwar wrote:this idea is even worse than some of the other sugestions
i mean people didnt like my idea of Dark Elves but now they are in wasnoth but this is rediculus
No their not, nothing is in Wesnoth, except that which is Wesnoth, and then again... remember it's all a cons,piracy, ruled by a iron fisted tyrant.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Hey there were worse suggestions and you know I still want to take off like Neorice with his drakes. I want to create somewhen when I got more time a race of human like birds.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Beleth

Post by Beleth »

Disto wrote:No their not, nothing is in Wesnoth, except that which is Wesnoth, and then again... remember it's all a cons,piracy, ruled by a iron fisted tyrant.
Taking (what I hope was) a sarcastic response and making it serious, what does make something new Wesnothian? I mean, Drakes weren't Wesnothian in the idea stage and then they were added and became Wesnothian. Similarly, humans are Wesnothian but that doesn't mean that every variant of humans (like the Kedari, just to pick an example) are Wesnothian. Or does it...?

I guess it seems like a catch 22 in some sense: you can't get something to be Wesnothian unless it's Wesnothian.

Does this make sense, or am I missing something?
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Wait for it...

Post by Kestenvarn »

Beleth wrote:Taking (what I hope was) a sarcastic response and making it serious, what does make something new Wesnothian?
Turin?
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I don't think giant human-insects or whatever should be included, what about the giant ants, did they get through?
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Re: Wait for it...

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Kestenvarn wrote:
Beleth wrote:Taking (what I hope was) a sarcastic response and making it serious, what does make something new Wesnothian?
Turin?
Altough it seem like a sacrilege to language, i think that would be "turin", since a name is a name.

And i doubt he can make something wesnothian, since he doesn't like the Drakes in the first place.

And Beleth, there is no tyrant here. I can get unsung to assure that to you.

O

K

?

(yes, that part was a sarcastic response :roll: ).
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Beleth

Re: Wait for it...

Post by Beleth »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:And Beleth, there is no tyrant here. I can get unsung to assure that to you.
I didn't think there was, but I'm guessing that my tone wasn't clear. I really was trying to ask an honest question, and I wasn't complaining - I was asking "How does this work? This is the way I see it and it doesn't make sense to me."

I'm guessing I didn't do a very good job. :cry:
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

nah, don't worry Beleth. Cuyo Quiz is just a fool who doesn't know what he's talking about. :P

but still, giant insects do fit the description of monster rather then a faction because they are very....how do I put this......strange, uncommon, not logical? Big bugs are on horror movies and very weird games. They don't fit the "Wesnothian" type.

Belwar wrote:this idea is even worse than some of the other sugestions
sorry 'bout belwar guys. He's just very frank, doesn't elaborate a lot on what he means.

and he's rude.

Oh, and to answer your main question: Basically, the faction has to be logical. their all logic freaks here.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.