Complete SVN snapshot?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

emdot

Complete SVN snapshot?

Post by emdot »

Hello,

Is somewhere to download complete SVN snapshot (with .svn structure included)?

Checkout of complete SVN repository on dial-up really sucks - updating isn't much hassle but initial download is hard.

Thanks in advance.

m.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Hi

Here you can find info about Wesnoth SVN. At bottom of that page you can find "Daily snapshot tarball of the trunk/ hierarchy".
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
bruno
Inactive Developer

Post by bruno »

Dragonking wrote:Hi

Here you can find info about Wesnoth SVN. At bottom of that page you can find "Daily snapshot tarball of the trunk/ hierarchy".
I wouldn't bother with the snapshots. It is easier to just resync and rebuild when you want to get up to date. Releases are tagged so you can sync to a particular release if you don't just want the latest code in trunk or the 1.0 branch.
emdot

Post by emdot »

But this is what I suspected: without .svn structure. Useless for updates.

Dump of whole repository has insane size.
bruno
Inactive Developer

Post by bruno »

emdot wrote:

But this is what I suspected: without .svn structure. Useless for updates.

Dump of whole repository has insane size.
It should be compressed on download. It only takes a couple of hours to check out a version using a dialup connection. After that updates or switching to other versions is pretty fast.