Vampire Lady edit

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Stilgar

Vampire Lady edit

Post by Stilgar »

I thought that the Vampire Lady graphic could use some improvement, so I tried my hand at touching it up. Here is the result.

- Made her dress black instead of brown.
- Made her lips red.
- Added fingernails.
- Changed some black and white pixels to dark and light shades of the colours they are near.
- Added shoulder strap to dress (I am not sure if it was supposed to have one, but it looked odd to me without one.)
- Made some tatters on the bottom of her dress and stray locks in her hair.
JW

Post by JW »

There is no need for straps on dresses. Boobs hold dresses nicely in place my friend...
Dark Helmet

Post by Dark Helmet »

The dress kinda needs to be red; better conveys the sense of blood.
Fingernails are good addition, but they look rather clumped together,blurry

The straps on the dress (usefull or not) are at slightly the wrong angle.

Don't want to discoruage you, but thats what I think about it.
Freedom is the ability to say one plus one equals two. When that occurs, all else follows.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

The intention is good, but these fly in the face of certain aspects of pixel mixing - for example, those "fingernails" resolve as a rectangular block of black pixels. The red lips are also far too pronounced.

Such are the slings and arrows of trying to do art - it rarely comes out well in the early attempts.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

Maybe we should change her name to vampire woman, getting all that blood on her face like that, even vampires should have manners!
Sorry for the meaningless post
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Oh well... I realized when I made this that I have a lot to learn about this sort of thing. Do you think I made improvement to any part of it, or is it totally bad? Any pointers on things I did wrong?
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

Master Stilgar wrote:Oh well... I realized when I made this that I have a lot to learn about this sort of thing. Do you think I made improvement to any part of it, or is it totally bad? Any pointers on things I did wrong?
That was actually a compliment on my part, I was insulting the woman for spilling blood all over her face, not you for properly depicting it, dress color is a plus, but get rid of the straps.
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

romnajin wrote:
Master Stilgar wrote:Oh well... I realized when I made this that I have a lot to learn about this sort of thing. Do you think I made improvement to any part of it, or is it totally bad? Any pointers on things I did wrong?
That was actually a compliment on my part, I was insulting the woman for spilling blood all over her face, not you for properly depicting it, dress color is a plus, but get rid of the straps.
Maybe you misunderstood, that was a response to the replies in general, not yours specifically.
toms

Post by toms »

What about if she has a cape? I like your image more than the current one. :)
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Is the lady everyone looks at but at the same time the one everyone knows you shouldn't get too close to.

I like it, but i also agree the fingernails don't look good.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

Master Stilgar wrote:
romnajin wrote: That was actually a compliment on my part, I was insulting the woman for spilling blood all over her face, not you for properly depicting it, dress color is a plus, but get rid of the straps.
Maybe you misunderstood, that was a response to the replies in general, not yours specifically.
Yeah I know, I just wanted you to know you had at least one positive comment XP
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Okay, here's another version based on the comments people made. Is it an improvement?

- Toned down the lip color.
- Adjusted dress strap.
- Altered the fingernails a little.

Not sure about making the dress red, I'm rather partial to the black but I do think the right shade of red might work, as long as it's not so brown as the original...
taz

Post by taz »

Master Stilgar wrote:Okay, here's another version based on the comments people made. Is it an improvement?

- Toned down the lip color.
- Adjusted dress strap.
- Altered the fingernails a little.

Not sure about making the dress red, I'm rather partial to the black but I do think the right shade of red might work, as long as it's not so brown as the original...
What about burgundy for the dress color ?
Creator of The Restoration of Wesnoth campaign.
Lu Mong
Location: Somewhere near:/ (Well... not exactly... some bloody Czech Republic...)

Post by Lu Mong »

Whoa! I must say it is really not bad at all... I kinda like it! :wink:
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

The only problem with black is it doesn't show up too well in caves. Now all she needs is some good animations. :)
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."